Author Topic: Los Angeles Class Attack Submarines Protect Navy Carriers  (Read 84 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Los Angeles Class Attack Submarines Protect Navy Carriers
« on: April 23, 2023, 02:32:02 pm »
Los Angeles Class Attack Submarines Protect Navy Carriers
The primary intent or mission for the Los Angeles-class boats is to conduct Carrier Battle Group protection
KRIS OSBORN, WARRIOR MAVEN - CENTER FOR MILITARY MODERNIZATIONAPR 19, 2023
by Kris Osborn, President, Center for Military Modernization

(Washington D.C.) U.S. Navy Los Angeles-class submarines were built in the 1970s, 80s, and 90s, yet remain critical to the services’ fleet today and remain in service to a larger extent than any other class as of today.

Although the Los Angeles boats will progressively and quickly retire in coming years, they form a key foundation of the Navy’s undersea power force and contain a handful of impactful technologies designed to counter Soviet subs in the Cold War.

Why the Los Angeles-Class Matters

The primary intent or mission for the Los Angeles-class boats, an interesting essay from the Federation of American Scientists describes, is to conduct Carrier Battle Group protection and conduct anti-submarine warfare operations against what was called the Soviet Surface Action Group.

https://warriormaven.com/sea/los-angeles-class-attack-submarines-protect-navy-carriers
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson