Author Topic: Pentagon’s UFO office now investigating more than 650 cases of ‘unidentified anomalous phenomena’  (Read 191 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Pentagon’s UFO office now investigating more than 650 cases of ‘unidentified anomalous phenomena’
The nascent office has been applying existing technologies and building new ones to accomplish its broad mission.
BY
BRANDI VINCENT
APRIL 19, 2023

In a an open hearing on Unidentified Aerial Phenomena (UAP) before the House Intelligence Counterterrorism, Counterintelligence, and Counterproliferation Subcommittee, Deputy Director of Naval Intelligence Mr. Scott Bray shared this Navy image of a UAP captured during Naval Exercises off the East Coast of the United States in early 2022. The image was captured through night vision goggles and a single lens reflex camera. (DOD photo)

Despite some apparent bureaucratic holdups, the Pentagon’s nascent All-domain Anomaly Resolution Office (AARO) is working to strengthen data collection and intelligence analysis capabilities, standardize government reporting requirements, and introduce new digital tools to engage the public on its complex investigation into unidentified anomalous phenomena (UAP) as its caseload grows.

“ARRO is leading a focused effort to better characterize, understand and attribute UAP — with priority given the UAP reports by [Defense Department and intelligence community] personnel, in or near areas of national security importance,” Director Sean Kirkpatrick told lawmakers during a Senate Armed Services subcommittee hearing on Wednesday.

To meet Congress’ requirements, AARO must disseminate a series of reviews regarding its growing portfolio of unfolding UAP investigations and sightings that members of the DOD and intelligence community catalog. The last review, published in July, confirmed the office was digging into more than 500 reports of unidentified anomalous phenomena.

https://defensescoop.com/2023/04/19/pentagons-uap-office-now-investigating-more-than-650-cases/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How many of those are spy balloons?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis