Author Topic: COVID lab leak ‘only’ explanation, ex-intel chief John Ratcliffe says  (Read 878 times)

Offline Kamaji

COVID lab leak ‘only’ explanation, ex-intel chief John Ratcliffe says

By Josh Christenson
April 18, 2023

Former Director of National Intelligence John Ratcliffe said Tuesday the theory that COVID-19 leaked from a lab in Wuhan, China is the “only” credible explanation for the pandemic that has claimed millions of lives around the world.

“My informed assessment as a person with as much access as anyone to our government’s intelligence … has been and continues to be that a lab leak is the only explanation credibly supported by our intelligence, by science and by common sense,” Ratcliffe told the House Select Subcommittee on the Coronavirus Pandemic.

“If our intelligence and evidence supporting a lab leak was placed side by side with our intelligence and evidence pointing to a natural origins or spillover theory, the lab leak side of the ledger would be long, convincing, even overwhelming — while the spillover side would be nearly empty and tenuous,” added Ratcliffe, a former Texas Republican congressman who served as former President Donald Trump’s second and last director of national intelligence.

Since leaving government in 2021, Ratcliffe has repeatedly accused China’s ruling Communist Party of orchestrating a “massive cover-up” of its role in the pandemic.

That effort is ongoing, he said Tuesday, as the Chinese Embassy in Washington, DC formally objected to the subcommittee hearing and officials in China have gone to “great lengths” to obscure the truth.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/18/ex-dni-john-ratcliffe-calls-covid-lab-leak-only-explanation/

Offline verga

Finally caught up with the rest of us
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Finally caught up with the rest of us

I think he's kind of been there all along.  It's just that a GOP controlled House finally gave him a platform.

Offline Kamaji

I think he's kind of been there all along.  It's just that a GOP controlled House finally gave him a platform.

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

The other option is that it was intentionally released in a way to optimize its spread... Which, considering its outcome, and ready-to-be-delivered 'vaccines', with the head thief put in charge, seems far more credible to me.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
The other option is that it was intentionally released in a way to optimize its spread... Which, considering its outcome, and ready-to-be-delivered 'vaccines', with the head thief put in charge, seems far more credible to me.

I've always maintained that it was a biological attack and have seen nothing to date that would alter my opinion. Beyond that, the way we reacted to it almost insures that we will see more, and much worse, in the future. It brings me no pleasure to say, but it truly is what I believe.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online berdie

I absolutely believe it was a lab leak. But I can't believe it was intentional. Or maybe I just don't want to.

It hurt China as much as it hurt us.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
I absolutely believe it was a lab leak. But I can't believe it was intentional. Or maybe I just don't want to.

Hurt China how? Do you really think they care how many peasants they have to kill to further their ambitions? History is pretty clear on that matter.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Online roamer_1

I've always maintained that it was a biological attack and have seen nothing to date that would alter my opinion. Beyond that, the way we reacted to it almost insures that we will see more, and much worse, in the future. It brings me no pleasure to say, but it truly is what I believe.

We are in agreement on that, @Bigun ... though maybe not on who the culprits were...

Online roamer_1

It was intentional. I don't think it was China.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
I have said all along that it came from a lab, whether accidental or intentional.

The Lab origin is not so much in dispute any more.
The question, and many factors point to this, is one of whether it was a planned and intentional attack, not just on the US, but the world.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

I have said all along that it came from a lab, whether accidental or intentional.

The Lab origin is not so much in dispute any more.
The question, and many factors point to this, is one of whether it was a planned and intentional attack, not just on the US, but the world.

That seems self evident to me.The move to 'Build Back Better' is not limited to the US, or North America...

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
That seems self evident to me.The move to 'Build Back Better' is not limited to the US, or North America...

i think that you may be out on a limb

The DOnnys with ya though!