Author Topic: DeSantis says Anheuser-Busch is too woke, has lost him as a customer  (Read 1366 times)

Offline Kamaji

DeSantis says Anheuser-Busch is too woke, has lost him as a customer: ‘Why would you want to drink Bud Light?’

By Lawrence Richard, Fox News
April 18, 2023

Florida Gov. Ron DeSantis encouraged people to continue boycotting Bud Light amid their promotion of transgender personality Dylan Mulvaney, as he said conservative consumers hold “power” to keep the company accountable.

He also revealed his preferred alternative beer.

During an interview Monday evening with political commentator Benny Johnson, DeSantis said he would not be drinking Bud Light anymore as he did not wish to help enable “woke companies” and their goals of “trying to change our country, trying to change policy, [and] trying to change [the] culture.”

“Why would you want to drink Bud Light? I mean like honestly, that’s like them rubbing our faces in it, and it’s like these companies that do this, if they never have any response, they are just gonna keep doing it,” DeSantis told Johnson.

The Republican governor suggested conservatives do not have to sit on the sidelines on the issue, but they have “power” to hit the company where it hurts: their bottom line.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/18/desantis-says-anheuser-busch-is-too-woke-has-lost-him-as-a-customer-why-would-you-want-to-drink-bud-light/

Offline Kamaji

Re: DeSantis says Anheuser-Busch is too woke, has lost him as a customer
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2023, 11:42:36 am »
Meanwhile, Trump Jr. wants us all to get over our transphobia and stop boycotting Bud Light.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #2 on: April 18, 2023, 12:12:24 pm »
There's more -----  88devil 

"Ron DeSantis chooses Guinness over Bud Light. LOL". (The makers of Guinness is one of the most aggressive pushers of trans ideology in the world). (Video)

https://twitter.com/TAftermath2020/status/1648174915181490177

https://twitter.com/TAftermath2020/status/1648218599126093826

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2023, 12:20:11 pm »
There's more -----  88devil 

"Ron DeSantis chooses Guinness over Bud Light. LOL". (The makers of Guinness is one of the most aggressive pushers of trans ideology in the world). (Video)

https://twitter.com/TAftermath2020/status/1648174915181490177

https://twitter.com/TAftermath2020/status/1648218599126093826

:mauslaff:

Bring it to his attention, and no doubt he'll change his mind.  Unlike the Trumps, who have actively endorsed Bud Light.

Face facts, Trump is actively in favor of trannies.  Why else send Trump Jr. out there to castigate everyone for boycotting Bud Light?

« Reply #4 on: April 18, 2023, 12:42:08 pm »
Quote from: Kamaji link=topic=496976.msg2814898#msg2814898 date=1681820411[/quote

Bring it to his attention, and no doubt he'll change his mind. 

No doubt, and he'll be surprised ----- like he was by Disney's Board of Directors.   000hehehehe

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #5 on: April 18, 2023, 12:44:59 pm »
My candidate, but this smacks of pandering.

How about a overall attack on the entire "woke" process instead Ron. 
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 12:45:45 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #6 on: April 18, 2023, 01:09:49 pm »
Sadly the Rubes don't realize that if just a 1/3 of the anger was centered more toward the likes of Blackrock and other large Hedgers pushing ESG agenda, you'd get a whole helluva lot more bang for your buck, instead of targetting consumer brands.

To kill the snake...   You cut off the head....   not the tail.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2023, 01:10:26 pm »
Sadly the Rubes don't realize that if just a 1/3 of the anger was centered more toward the likes of Blackrock and other large Hedgers pushing ESG agenda, you'd get a whole helluva lot more bang for your buck, instead of targetting consumer brands.

Good point.  One wonders if one could start using lawfare against these large fund companies on the basis that, by going with ESG, which necessarily results in reduced earnings to fund participants, they are violating their fiduciary duty to the fund participants.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 01:11:22 pm by Kamaji »

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2023, 01:40:54 pm »
The Supreme Court has a couple of critical cases in front of it challenging the idea that "diversity" is a justification for race-based preferences.  I think if those cases go our way, it could start the complete unravelling of a lot of this b.s..

Follow-on cases in lower courts would be necessary to expand that holding through all the legal implications, but it could be huge.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 01:45:33 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2023, 01:50:32 pm »
The Supreme Court has a couple of critical cases in front of it challenging the idea that "diversity" is a justification for race-based preferences.  I think if those cases go our way, it could start the complete unravelling of a lot of this b.s..

Follow-on cases in lower courts would be necessary to expand that holding through all the legal implications, but it could be huge.

:thumbsup:

Online roamer_1

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2023, 01:52:28 pm »

Well you CAN start with the tail... And keep going. And some snakes deserve it.  :whistle:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2023, 01:56:02 pm »
Well you CAN start with the tail... And keep going. And some snakes deserve it.  :whistle:

Exactly.  Sometimes the head is out of reach until you start lopping off some other parts.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2023, 01:57:21 pm »
No doubt, and he'll be surprised ----- like he was by Disney's Board of Directors.   000hehehehe

Which he is quickly correcting, unlike Trump who just let people pull all sorts of illegal crap to attack him, but he did nothing.
The Republic is lost.

Offline LMAO

« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2023, 02:01:08 pm »
From the article….

“Why would you want to drink Bud Light?

I asked  that long before the current controversy
« Last Edit: April 18, 2023, 02:05:07 pm by LMAO »
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online roamer_1

« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2023, 02:01:58 pm »
As for DeSantis, I see no faux pas. Guiness is not where the guns are pointed. I have no idea where PBR is on the issue, though I know both Coors and Miller (the likely benefactors of AB's woke bullcrap) have supported woke crap in the past. Rainier, I would be surprised.

But the example for the day is Butt Light. And a lesson for the rest.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2023, 02:02:48 pm »
As for DeSantis, I see no faux pas. Guiness is not where the guns are pointed. I have no idea where PBR is on the issue, though I know both Coors and Miller (the likely benefactors of AB's woke bullcrap) have supported woke crap in the past. Rainier, I would be surprised.

But the example for the day is Butt Light. And a lesson for the rest.

:thumbsup:

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2023, 02:03:02 pm »

Good point.  One wonders if one could start using lawfare against these large fund companies on the basis that, by going with ESG, which necessarily results in reduced earnings to fund participants, they are violating their fiduciary duty to the fund participants.

I am retired from what is considered a pretty un-woke Corporation, but did find a few minutes to let them know that the companies that run manage our  Savings Plan for employees/annitants, and the company that writes the divy checks is highly woke, and I didn't like it.

If we could just get 50-100k others to make that same call, we might enact a start. 

As far as the woke companies themselves, what you propose sounds great, and only possible I am guessing by Class Action suits, but I am the speculating  that courts will side and find for company corporate governance which has been proven in infinum as a binding contractual agreement between the company and a stock holder or employee.

Only way I can see  things changing is annual corporate board and proxy elections. These often get squelshed by board recommendatons and Hedgers in that voting process.  I don't have the data, but I would guess that Corporate Directorships, 3 levels of management, Lefty retirement pension fund managers, and Hedgers have controlling shares in at least 90% of the Fortune 500.

Or...  the Fix is in, and if the board either through left leaning board or blackmail is not about to take or risk a Hedger short, or a negative guidance  forcast.   

Of course just one of many of where the system is broke.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2023, 02:07:33 pm »
I am retired from what is considered a pretty un-woke Corporation, but did find a few minutes to let them know that the companies that run manage our  Savings Plan for employees/annitants, and the company that writes the divy checks is highly woke, and I didn't like it.

If we could just get 50-100k others to make that same call, we might enact a start. 

As far as the woke companies themselves, what you propose sounds great, and only possible I am guessing by Class Action suits, but I am the speculating  that courts will side and find for company corporate governance which has been proven in infinum as a binding contractual agreement between the company and a stock holder or employee.

Only way I can see  things changing is annual corporate board and proxy elections. These often get squelshed by board recommendatons and Hedgers in that voting process.  I don't have the data, but I would guess that Corporate Directorships, 3 levels of management, Lefty retirement pension fund managers, and Hedgers have controlling shares in at least 90% of the Fortune 500.

Or...  the Fix is in, and if the board either through left leaning board or blackmail is not about to take or risk a Hedger short, or a negative guidance  forcast.   

Of course just one of many of where the system is broke.

I wouldn't start with class actions - too easy to run out of potential plaintiffs/claimants that way; better to start with small groups of fund participants who claim injury, and keep at it, suit after suit, until one hone's one's attacks to the point where they can start scoring points.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2023, 02:08:16 pm »

DeSantis also said: “Some of these controversies that come up, and people can kind of just say, ‘Oh, well it’s kind of a one-off, yeah, it was stupid to do,’ but it’s part of a larger thing where corporate America is trying to change our country. Trying to change policy, trying to change culture, and you know, I’d rather be governed by we the people than woke companies, and so I think [the] pushback is in order across the board including with Bud Light.”

He doesn't address it directly, but it seems he gets the larger context v. Trump who has just seemed to go along with the crowd on it because he's too invested.
The Republic is lost.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2023, 02:22:22 pm »
I wouldn't start with class actions - too easy to run out of potential plaintiffs/claimants that way; better to start with small groups of fund participants who claim injury, and keep at it, suit after suit, until one hone's one's attacks to the point where they can start scoring points.

You're the lawyer, not me.  But OTOH, without the scope and depth of a class action strategy, would those small groups you cite have a tough going finding the funding for a legal team to fight likely the best corporate lawyers in the Country?  I love a David v. Goliath story, but seems the odds of success would be much smaller. 

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
« Reply #20 on: April 18, 2023, 02:29:39 pm »
It's carbonated piss. There are better beers out there.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2023, 02:40:10 pm »
You're the lawyer, not me.  But OTOH, without the scope and depth of a class action strategy, would those small groups you cite have a tough going finding the funding for a legal team to fight likely the best corporate lawyers in the Country?  I love a David v. Goliath story, but seems the odds of success would be much smaller. 

Yes, they would have difficulties finding funding - but conservative groups that want to challenge this type of woke-ism can help to provide funding and access to legal talent - the left does that all the time.  The main concern right now would be a national class-action that ends up being a loss but still binds every investor in the various funds these organizations run.

« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2023, 02:45:59 pm »
As for DeSantis, I see no faux pas. Guiness is not where the guns are pointed.

The guns are pointed at woke.  In fact, rumor has it Florida is where it goes to die. ---- just ask the governor.

Online catfish1957

• Political Researcher
« Reply #23 on: April 18, 2023, 02:49:16 pm »

Yes, they would have difficulties finding funding - but conservative groups that want to challenge this type of woke-ism can help to provide funding and access to legal talent - the left does that all the time.  The main concern right now would be a national class-action that ends up being a loss but still binds every investor in the various funds these organizations run.

Sounds like a winner to me.  I hope you have the right connections, and can light a few fuses.   

Online roamer_1

« Reply #24 on: April 18, 2023, 02:57:56 pm »
The guns are pointed at woke.  In fact, rumor has it Florida is where it goes to die. ---- just ask the governor.

The guns are pointed at Butt Light. That's the example, and let the rest beware.

And a good example too - No other beer has declared itself so very patriotic, so very manly, and so very much inclined toward Americas principles... It has  made its money declaring itself to be a part of the fabric of Americana.

You cannot declare that and woke at the same time. And believe me, they're finding that out... Despite Young Donnie Tump's alignment with them, which fell utterly upon deaf ears.

DeSantis will make hay on it, Guiness or not, because he is on the right side of it. Tump and Co. are not.