Author Topic: At least 20 injured, multiple dead from shooting at Alabama Sweet-16 birthday party, reports say  (Read 7761 times)

Online Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Our Society is circling the drain.

I'm 46. Born in 1976, grew up in the 80's. So this has been occurring my entire life. I never experienced an America without this stuff.

Offline Kamaji

What an asinine statement.  Why would anyone want to live next to violent criminals?

:thumbsup:

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
Now 5 arrested, the newer two look like the others to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dFXm2sS23e0

It is not their fault. Sometimes children make 'silly decisions'. <- mayor of Chicago
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 04:40:45 pm by 240B »
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline roamer_1

I'm sure all of the enlightened anti-racism posters on here would just love to live next to these folks. /s

Hey... Just so you know, a**holes are not restricted by any color, if that's what you're getting at.

Offline verga

It is not their fault. Sometimes children make 'silly decisions'. <- mayor of Chicago
@240B Please tell me that is not a real quote.
« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 05:02:36 pm by verga »
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

• Technical
Hey... Just so you know, a**holes are not restricted by any color, if that's what you're getting at.

No, but statistics are a thing right?

Offline verga

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP96zrKcM18

@240B It's official, that is the stupidest thing I have heard all week, and he is the stupidest person I have heard all week.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Hoodat

There's another thread in this category about two teens who beat their teacher to death with a baseball bat.  And so far, there hasn't been a single poster there making generalized assumptions on their skin color based on the crime.  Go figure.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline 240B

• TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
@240B It's official, that is the stupidest thing I have heard all week, and he is the stupidest person I have heard all week.
@verga
Rape and Murder are just 'silly decisions' by children. We must not condemn them for it since they 'have no opportunities'.
They have 'no opportunities' because they refuse to educate themselves (actually are culturally antithetical to education) and they destroy their own neighborhoods. But still, it is not their fault. It is the evil White man's fault.

Offline goatprairie

There's another thread in this category about two teens who beat their teacher to death with a baseball bat.  And so far, there hasn't been a single poster there making generalized assumptions on their skin color based on the crime.  Go figure.
Yeah, two white punks killed their Spanish teacher. Hang the little b*stards yesterday.
I don't have any sympathy for any murderers or violent thugs whatever the color
But the facts are, if you're reading the national news daily as I do, a very large percentage of black youths, mostly males, are out of control. We're not reading stories about white youths rampaging through downtown areas across the country or engaging in drive by shootings, or pushing people onto subway tracks.
The great majority of these crimes are being committed by blacks, mostly black males. Because the authorities in the cities where these feral black males lives don't want to do much about it. Except blame Evil Whitey.
The new idiot mayor of Chicago actually blamed large businesses for the black looting and rampaging in Chicago.
Open your eyes.

Offline roamer_1

I hear what's being said. But that's painting with a broad brush. I know black folks that are good, good folks. And there is plenty enough OUTSIDE of the hood, and OUTSIDE of the liberal mindset that would be just as appalled at this as you and me.

« Last Edit: April 21, 2023, 06:21:13 pm by roamer_1 »

• Technical
I hear what's being said. But that's painting with a broad brush. I know black folks that are good, good folks. And there is plenty enough OUTSIDE of the hood, and OUTSIDE of the liberal mindset that would be just as appalled at this as you and me.

I don't disagree with you, but you still cannot deny that there is a problem with this particular demographic when it comes to this sort of thing. When you see the same headlines over and over again, and the same sort of people doing it (not always, but almost always), your mind tends to connect the dots.

Anytime you're welcome to leave your little garden of eden in Montana and live in a truly ahem *diverse* urban community , I'm sure you would understand.

Offline roamer_1

I don't disagree with you, but you still cannot deny that there is a problem with this particular demographic when it comes to this sort of thing. When you see the same headlines over and over again, and the same sort of people doing it (not always, but almost always), your mind tends to connect the dots.

Anytime you're welcome to leave your little garden of eden in Montana and live in a truly ahem *diverse* urban community , I'm sure you would understand.

I understand you, but the emphasis is wrong. 'The same kind of people' could just as easy be from the Mex hood in LA, or white trailer trash in rural areas.

As to coming down off the mountain, I already DID. As I already told you, I come from Chicago in my youth, and I can tell you, the visceral racism I felt there, I have felt no where else, to include rural and suburban KC where I have also spent time. As I have said before, I met a ton of redneck blacks (and Latinos) there, working the docks and construction, who are surely a bit different in flavor but no real difference exists between them and me philosophically. Good folks.

Online GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aP96zrKcM18

Children making silly decisions is dyeing their hair purple, biting into a ghost pepper or the cinnamon challenge,  not trying to murder people by shooting into a crowd, I guess it's just one of those Black cultural things that being White I will never understand

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
verga wrote in #70 above:
"Our Society is circling the drain."

NO.
Not the entire "society".
Not yet (though we are in descent).

Say it correctly:
A certain segment of society is circling the drain.

A reasonable person, thinking reasonably, will conclude this is due to their own faults and shortcomings, and is not going to be fixed any time soon.
If at all.

In a situation like that, what must "the rest" of society do to defend itself against them?

Offline ccoffer

verga wrote in #70 above:
"Our Society is circling the drain."

NO.
Not the entire "society".
Not yet (though we are in descent).

Say it correctly:
A certain segment of society is circling the drain.

A reasonable person, thinking reasonably, will conclude this is due to their own faults and shortcomings, and is not going to be fixed any time soon.
If at all.

In a situation like that, what must "the rest" of society do to defend itself against them?

I would bet twelve packs of Newports that the "sweet sixteen" line was made up by someone reporting on this day in day out chimpout.
Preacher man says it's the end of time, and the Mississippi river she's a goin' dry.
Demosthenese Jr.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
REGARDLESS of if the shooters were black,white,or zebra-striped,if you had tried to tell someone 30 years ago that this sort of thing would be happening often in the early 21st Century,nobody would have believed you.

Now none of us are even shocked.

How many of you remember the sniper in the bell tower at a Texas University back in the 60's?

This was just one guy doing the shooting,and it was "We have to interrupt your regularly scheduled program for this breaking news report." VERY big deal. That guy probably wouldn't make the cut for top ten stories of the day,today.

BTW,before anyone suggests it,the guns of today are not one bit more anti-social or aggressive today  than they were back then.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online GtHawk

REGARDLESS of if the shooters were black,white,or zebra-striped,if you had tried to tell someone 30 years ago that this sort of thing would be happening often in the early 21st Century,nobody would have believed you.

Now none of us are even shocked.

How many of you remember the sniper in the bell tower at a Texas University back in the 60's?

This was just one guy doing the shooting,and it was "We have to interrupt your regularly scheduled program for this breaking news report." VERY big deal. That guy probably wouldn't make the cut for top ten stories of the day,today.

BTW,before anyone suggests it,the guns of today are not one bit more anti-social or aggressive today  than they were back then.
Pete much like I don't have any memory of the pain of my knee replacement seven? years ago we forget about all the violence...gang violence that America has gone through for a long time.
https://www.latimes.com/archives/la-xpm-1988-06-26-mn-8461-story.html

https://ojjdp.ojp.gov/sites/g/files/xyckuh176/files/jjbulletin/9808/youth.html

https://www.ojp.gov/ncjrs/virtual-library/abstracts/new-york-street-gangs-70s-decade-violence

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Golden_Dragon_massacre

https://www.nytimes.com/1973/01/16/archives/gangs-spread-terror-in-the-south-bronx-a-national-problem-police.html

https://www.nytimes.com/1973/06/11/archives/in-west-philadelphia-gang-wars-are-a-way-of-death-a-sixth-sense.html

https://www.k12academics.com/school-shootings/history-school-shootings-united-states

These are of course just a very very few examples **nononono*

It's sad to say that this kind of thing has been happening for decades, not just today, and I believe LBJ and the democrats willful destruction of the nuclear family bear a whole lot of responsibility. Also I think because all news is now instantaneous and national we hear about all of it no matter where it happened.

My solution, may be considered drastic by some, but if we would  :reaper: all these animals that kill, down to the youngest from the herd instead of releasing them or short term incarceration I think we would see a decline. What's the downside? As it stands the minors get short time in juvy and the older ones get time in a hotel, gym, medical care, drugs, sex and build street cred never ever changing their spots.
« Last Edit: April 22, 2023, 04:50:19 pm by GtHawk »

Offline mountaineer

Amiri King
@AmiriKing

Remember the massacre that took place at a sweet 16 party?
89 rounds were fired from seven different guns leaving 4 people dead and 32 injured.
It’s one of the largest mass shootings in Alabama history and NOBODY seems to give a bleep. Shocker, right?
These anti gun clowns don’t give a f*ck about black people.
They care about likes and views when they can sensationalize a RARE white on black shooting.
Not a word from David Hogg.
Not a word from AOC.
Not a word from BLM.
No protests.
No riots.
No $3m GoFundMe.
The victims families were not invited to the White House.

NOTHING.

Nobody cares about a black life until it’s ended by a white life. Full stop.
Concern for black lives is only prominent when there’s an opportunity to express disdain for whites.
NOW. SAY THEIR NAMES YOU SELECTIVE OUTRAGE COWARDS.

Shaunkivia Smith, 17
Marsiah Collins, 19
Corbin Holston, 23
Philstavious Dowdell, 18
1:28 PM · Apr 26, 2023
I'd say their names, but I barely can pronounce them.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online bigheadfred

• One day Closer

What grade do you suppose they were in before they could spell them?
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

• Technical
Gang violence was actually worse in the 80's and early 90's, IIRC.

Online GtHawk

Apparently the last one,  Philstavious Dowdell, was a Roman :tongue2:
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 02:23:11 am by GtHawk »

Offline mountaineer

Hail, Philstavious!
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
I wonder if some of those killed were also shooters... will the police let the public know if they suspect them (or just let the facts be buried with them)?

Well looks like I was right, the oldest dude shot/killed is looking likely to be the first one to open fire... Two (at least one but some suggest two) of the Glock handguns were modded (Glock Switch) to be full auto (Sneakypete can comment on how accurate that makes shots)... So the oldest that I said already was previously arrested for having a unlicensed gun is looking to be the starter of the shooting..... I predicted one of the killed would also be thug. 

Just how many gun laws were broken and they still think handicapping good gun owners will stop this.
« Last Edit: April 28, 2023, 05:19:42 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....