Author Topic: Donald Trump Jr. calls for end to Bud Light boycott  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Kamaji

Donald Trump Jr. calls for end to Bud Light boycott
« on: April 15, 2023, 03:37:41 pm »
Donald Trump Jr. calls for end to Bud Light boycott

By Jon Levine   
April 15, 2023

Donald Trump Jr. says boycotts of Bud Light should end, telling his fans on Rumble the company’s conservative credentials are solid and the outrage over its partnership with transgender influencer Dylan Mulvaney was unjustified.

Bud Light — and its parent company Anheuser-Busch — have faced a firestorm of controversy from many in their core audience after using Mulvaney in its marketing.

“We looked into the political giving and lobbying history of Anheuser-Busch. And guess what? They actually support Republicans,” said the former first son on Rumble.

“Last cycle their employees and their PAC gave about 60 percent to Republicans and 40 percent to Democrats. That’s literally almost unheard of in corporate America, where it’s really easy to go woke, where they do so constantly, where there’s a consequence to actually being a conservative. So 60/40 to the conservative side is kind of a big deal.”

Nobody at the senior level of the company had been aware of the marketing campaign, Trump Jr. said, touting their support for recent high profile GOP candidates like Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio) and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/15/trump-jr-calls-for-end-to-bud-light-boycott/

Offline Kamaji

Re: Donald Trump Jr. calls for end to Bud Light boycott
« Reply #1 on: April 15, 2023, 03:38:03 pm »
:mauslaff:

Trumps love trannies.

Offline 240B

• Lord of all things Orange!
  • TBR Advisory Committee
    • I try my best ...
« Reply #2 on: April 15, 2023, 03:59:05 pm »
Trump, Howard Stern, Rogan, and their buddies, have investments in BUD stock.
Of course they want to 'end the boycott'. It is costing them money.
You cannot "COEXIST" with people who want to kill you.
If they kill their own with no conscience, there is nothing to stop them from killing you.
Rational fear and anger at vicious murderous Islamic terrorists is the same as irrational antisemitism, according to the Leftists.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #3 on: April 15, 2023, 04:05:19 pm »
I'm not buying any.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: April 15, 2023, 04:14:11 pm »
Trump, Howard Stern, Rogan, and their buddies, have investments in BUD stock.
Of course they want to 'end the boycott'. It is costing them money.

Not really.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #5 on: April 15, 2023, 04:42:25 pm »
:mauslaff:

Trumps love trannies.

Well, one might see it that way.   888high58888
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #7 on: April 15, 2023, 07:13:30 pm »
Nobody at the senior level of the company had been aware of the marketing campaign, Trump Jr. said, touting their support for recent high profile GOP candidates like Sen. J.D. Vance (R-Ohio) and House Speaker Kevin McCarthy.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/15/trump-jr-calls-for-end-to-bud-light-boycott/

There's no clear evidence of the bolded, nor did the CEO make that claim when he issued his written statement.   He could easily have done so...but he didn't.  Nor is there a shred of evidence that anyone responsible has been fired.  Why is that?

Here's the thing -- I suspect that statement is true -- that it really was a relatively low level marketing schmuck, likely not even approved (specifically, anyway) by that ghastly Bud Light VP.  As the CEO said, “We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people,”  The problem is that whether or not that was intended at the highest levels is irrelevant at this point because it happened.  Bud Light very clearly "took a side", and hoping customers will to pretend that didn't happen doesn't address the issue.   

Truth is that the CEO refuses to say any of that publicly, or to otherwise distance his company from the ad.  That's the problem.  They are willing to bend over for the trans lobby, and would rather anger their customer base than upset the trannies.

It's just empty words.  I can't boycott because I don't drink it, but I hope those who did drink find something else.

« Last Edit: April 15, 2023, 08:14:36 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #8 on: April 15, 2023, 10:01:16 pm »
There's no clear evidence of the bolded, nor did the CEO make that claim when he issued his written statement.   He could easily have done so...but he didn't.  Nor is there a shred of evidence that anyone responsible has been fired.  Why is that?

Here's the thing -- I suspect that statement is true -- that it really was a relatively low level marketing schmuck, likely not even approved (specifically, anyway) by that ghastly Bud Light VP.  As the CEO said, “We never intended to be part of a discussion that divides people,”  The problem is that whether or not that was intended at the highest levels is irrelevant at this point because it happened.  Bud Light very clearly "took a side", and hoping customers will to pretend that didn't happen doesn't address the issue.   

Truth is that the CEO refuses to say any of that publicly, or to otherwise distance his company from the ad.  That's the problem.  They are willing to bend over for the trans lobby, and would rather anger their customer base than upset the trannies.

It's just empty words.  I can't boycott because I don't drink it, but I hope those who did drink find something else.

:thumbsup:

Offline SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #9 on: April 15, 2023, 11:29:18 pm »

That's me as well...could never stand AB beers.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Online mountaineer

« Reply #10 on: April 16, 2023, 12:44:25 am »
30 or 40 years ago, when still owned by the Busch family,  the company knuckled under to Jesse Jackson's racist shakedown, without a peep. Who knows how much they paid that grifter over the years.
Now AB lets incompetent affirmative action VPs make boneheaded woke moves like the Dylan thing.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #11 on: April 16, 2023, 03:23:20 am »
Donald Trump Jr. says boycotts of Bud Light should end, telling his fans on Rumble the company’s conservative credentials are solid

What would a Trump know about Conservative credentials?
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #12 on: April 16, 2023, 04:39:09 am »
What would a Trump know about Conservative credentials?

Not to mention this ain't a conservative thing...

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #13 on: April 16, 2023, 07:32:55 am »
Considering the plethora of what is going wrong with this country right now, Trump and his entourage are worried about a Trannie selling beer?

Sez alot doesn't it?
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #14 on: April 16, 2023, 07:37:54 am »
Not one major analyst has dropped their BUD EPS guidance yet for 2Q'23. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #15 on: April 16, 2023, 09:05:31 pm »
Trumps love trannies.

johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

There’s been a lot of attacks coming from team Desantis over the Bud Light boycott, but they won’t mention that Ron has been totally silent

Maybe it’s bc he took in $50k from Anheuser-Busch in campaign donations & his chief financier’s hedge fund owns 1.3 Million shares?

2:53 PM · Apr 16, 2023

@libertybele

« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 09:09:57 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #16 on: April 16, 2023, 09:06:47 pm »
« Last Edit: April 16, 2023, 09:10:34 pm by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2023, 09:13:28 pm »
HAHAHAHAHA!

DeSantis showing wisdom again... Saying nothing.

Meanwhile Tumpy and Co. comes out in favor of Butt Light and trannies.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2023, 09:23:18 pm »
johnny maga
@_johnnymaga

There’s been a lot of attacks coming from team Desantis over the Bud Light boycott, but they won’t mention that Ron has been totally silent

Maybe it’s bc he took in $50k from Anheuser-Busch in campaign donations & his chief financier’s hedge fund owns 1.3 Million shares?

2:53 PM · Apr 16, 2023

@libertybele

Give it a freakin' rest @Right_in_Virginia   Anheuser Busch donated more heavily to the GOP than the DEMS that's why Don Jr. asked for the boycott to stop. 

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline libertybele

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #20 on: April 16, 2023, 09:26:57 pm »
Give it a freakin' rest @Right_in_Virginia   Anheuser Busch donated more heavily to the GOP than the DEMS that's why Don Jr. asked for the boycott to stop.

Her arms must be about to fall off carrying all that water for the Trumpy Dumpty.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

« Reply #21 on: April 16, 2023, 09:27:52 pm »
HAHAHAHAHA!

DeSantis showing wisdom again... Saying nothing

He sure is getting good at hiding.

« Reply #22 on: April 16, 2023, 09:31:54 pm »

I gave you reasons for why Ronny's hiding, again.  You appeared unaware of them  :shrug:

BTW, I will continue to do this @libertybele  ----- It's the fair and balanced thing.   wink777

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #23 on: April 16, 2023, 09:34:10 pm »

He ain't hiding. He ain't even declared.

However we already know Tumpy's position on homos, rainbow flags and such...

Offline libertybele

« Reply #24 on: April 16, 2023, 09:36:22 pm »

Hiding from what @Right_in_Virginia ????  Has everyone that AB contributed to voiced their opinion???? 

You are grasping at straws. 

We know Trumpsters are threatened by DeSantis, but for crying out loud the man hasn't announced he's even running.  I know you're just following in your leaders footsteps, but your cheap shots are becoming ridiculous.