Author Topic: There Is Zero Reason For Republicans To Cooperate With Dianne Feinstein’s Request  (Read 260 times)

Offline corbe

There Is Zero Reason For Republicans To Cooperate With Dianne Feinstein’s Request

BY: CHRISTOPHER BEDFORD
APRIL 14, 2023

There’s zero reason Republicans should cooperate with Schumer and the president on their judicial agenda, either tactically, politically, or even morally.

Sen. Dianne Feinstein is no longer able to perform her duties as a U.S. senator. That is, at least, the reality according to her staff, who asked the Senate majority leader to temporarily replace her on the Judiciary Committee as she approaches two months of absence over health issues.

This isn’t surprising, of course: Dianne Feinstein is 89 years old. While Americans used to joke about the fossils who ran the Soviet Union in the 1980s, Feinstein was already a full decade older than the oldest Soviet premier to ever die in office when she ran for re-election — a full five years ago.

Her mental decline has been known on Capitol Hill for years, with staff guiding her around the halls, and yet still just this year Sen. Chuck Schumer decided to let her remain on the Senate committee responsible for accomplishing the president’s judicial agenda.

She served on that committee until early March. Then finally, after six weeks away recovering from shingles, her California colleague, Rep. Ro Khanna, publicly called for her resignation. Democrats like Khanna had grown weary — between Feinstein and Pennsylvania Sen. John Fetterman, the party’s judicial agenda had been stalled since the top of March.

<..snip..>

https://thefederalist.com/2023/04/14/there-is-zero-reason-for-republicans-to-cooperate-with-dianne-feinsteins-request/
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Kamaji

Agreed.  Republicans should point-blank refuse to cooperate with her.  She either shows up to do her job, or she resigns her position and a replacement is appointed in the normal course.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
I wasn't aware the Republicans have a say in the matter.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
I wasn't aware the Republicans have a say in the matter.

They do under the current rules, which would require 60 votes to change committee assignments.  However, the Democrats could always go nuclear and amend the rules, and for that they'd only need a majority.