Author Topic: Calif. mom Aurora Regino rails against school district’s ‘parental secrecy’ policy after daughter’s  (Read 612 times)

Offline Kamaji

Calif. mom Aurora Regino rails against school district’s ‘parental secrecy’ policy after daughter’s gender transition

By Yaron Steinbuch
April 14, 2023

A California woman railed against her 11-year-old daughter’s school district over its so-called “parental secrecy” policy after it quietly helped the child transition from female to male – even though the girl wanted the counselor to inform her mom.

Aurora Regino claimed during a meeting of the Chico Unified School Board last week that her daughter’s school allowed the child to transition to a new identity in class without her knowledge or consent, The Daily Signal reported.

She said the girl had sought help from a “mental wellness” counselor after her father died and as her mom was battling cancer, according to the news outlet.

“During one of the meetings, my daughter told the counselor
she wanted to tell me about her new identity. They ignored her request and did nothing to support her in letting me know what was going on at school,” Regino said at the meeting, according to Fox News.

The board considered a measure that would allow for “more parental inclusion” but voted 3-2 to keep the existing so-called “parental secrecy policy,” which allows the district to keep parents in the dark if a child identifies by another gender at school.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/14/calif-mom-slams-schools-parental-secrecy-policy-after-daughters-gender-transition/

Offline Kamaji

This bullshit has got to stop.  For starters, at the federal level, (a) if a school, school district, or a state, has these sorts of anti-parent policies in place, then the relevant entity (school, school district, or a state) should be denied all federal education-related funding, including funding related to school infrastructure and school employees, and (b) it should be a form of actionable child abuse if the instrumentalities of interstate commerce (e.g., the phone system, an internet connection, email, etc.) were used in the course of "grooming" the child and hiding that fact from the child's parents.

Offline verga

People need to fired and/or jailed.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Verga:
"People need to fired and/or jailed."

That will not deter other leftists from promulgating such policies.

Stronger measures will be required.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The lawyers should be  cutting each other  with knives to see who gets this one.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

People need to fired and/or jailed.

Sorry, I would be laying in the weeds if this was one of mine. There would be hell to pay.

Offline DB

Sorry, I would be laying in the weeds if this was one of mine. There would be hell to pay.

Yep.