Author Topic: Republicans seek to raise debt limit until May 2024 as GOP proposal begins to take shape: Report  (Read 174 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Republicans seek to raise debt limit until May 2024 as GOP proposal begins to take shape: Report
Ryan King

Republicans' plan on a pathway to lift the debt ceiling is taking shape ahead of lawmakers' return to Congress next week.

Under the current proposals, the GOP is planning to extend the debt limit until roughly May 2024 so long as it is paired with dramatic rollbacks in spending, such as a limit in budgetary growth to 1% a year over the next decade, Puck News reported. Such an offer is almost certainly dead on arrival.

The plan being crafted also appears to take aim at some of Biden's gains, including slashing certain green tax credits, barring student loan forgiveness, imposing work requirements for government benefits, scrapping unspent COVID-19 funds, and enacting the GOP's energy plan, per the report.

Another measure reportedly being considered is a $584 billion cap on nondefense discretionary expenses. Rep. Garret Graves (R-LA) has been spearheading efforts to hash out the details of the proposal.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/house/republicans-first-debt-limit-offer-feature-dramatic-cuts
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
How about that you McCarthy fans?  I wondered how long the it would take the capitulation train to leave the station.

Betcha lovin yore speaker.
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 02:05:58 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

GOP could have dealt with excessive Government spending when they had White House, US Senate, and US House from January, 2017 to January, 2019.  Instead, they twiddled their thumbs.

I have little faith that current Congressional GOP leadership is up to the task.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.