Author Topic: Nearly half of Americans think Trump should suspend 2024 campaign after indictment: poll  (Read 2138 times)

Online libertybele

I'm not one for polls; but for what it's worth:

Nearly half of Americans think Trump should suspend 2024 campaign after indictment: poll

As former President Donald Trump ramps up his 2024 presidential campaign, new polling reveals that while more than half of Americans believe he intentionally did something illegal after his indictment, many believe it was politically motivated.

Trump was arraigned Tuesday in New York City on charges stemming from alleged 2016 hush money payments to adult film actress Stormy Daniels, making him the first former president in American history to be criminally charged.

A recent ABC News/Ipsos poll found that 48% of Americans think Trump should suspend his presidential campaign following the indictment, up 5 points from last week.

The survey reported that 53% of respondents think that Trump's actions were intentionally illegal. According to the poll, 20% of voters believe Trump did nothing wrong, while 11% said while they think he acted improperly, it was not intentionally illegal......

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/half-americans-trump-suspend-2024-campaign-indictment-poll
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'm sure Trump will acquiesce. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I don't think Trump should suspend 2024 campaign after indictment.

He hasn't been tried; he hasn't been convicted; he hasn't exhausted his appeals.

Even a ham sandiwch can be indicted.

Suspending a campaign because of indictment will encourage some hyper-partisan prosecutors to abuse their authority or overreach to have undue influence over political candidates and their campaigns.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline LMAO

He hasn't been tried; he hasn't been convicted; he hasn't exhausted his appeals.

Suspending a campaign because of indictment will encourage some hyper-partisan prosecutors to abuse their authority or overreach to have undue influence over political candidates and their campaigns.

I had a conversation with someone during the Kavenaugh(sp) hearings who felt that he should just withdraw his nomination just to spare the country the show.

I told him if he did that, that would encourage more people in the future to come out of the woodwork to thwart amy nomination of nominees they didn't support
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Trump won't - and shouldn't - let a politicized indictment change his decision to run.  That would be just crap.

Offline NavyCanDo

Anyone honestly think this will be the only indictment? The ink is still drying on the Georgia election tampering and the Jan 6th indictments. This will continue all the way to Nov 2024 I can promise you.
A nation that turns away from prayer will ultimately find itself in desperate need of it. :Jonathan Cahn

Offline Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Anyone honestly think this will be the only indictment? The ink is still drying on the Georgia election tampering and the Jan 6th indictments. This will continue all the way to Nov 2024 I can promise you.

No, I don't think it will end.  I don't like Trump, but it is absolute b.s. how they are trying to use the legal system to prevent people from electing him.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump
personally i dont think thatare really stupid enough to believe that all the investigations into the donnys illegal activities are based on political presmises.

he was what he was and Is what he is.. and always will be

Offline jafo2010

• Dems-greatest existential threat to USA republic!
This just proves how utterly stupid the Democommies are.  I guess they don't want to have to cheat again as bad as they did in 2020.  And let's get real, anyone denying 2020 was fixed has an IQ below 50. 

Trump has zero chance to win in 2024, unless it is solidly confirmed the 2020 election was fixed and those doing the fixing are brought up on charges.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
No, but I can think of 20 more reasons Trump should never be in the running.
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline verga

I had a conversation with someone during the Kavenaugh(sp) hearings who felt that he should just withdraw his nomination just to spare the country the show.

I told him if he did that, that would encourage more people in the future to come out of the woodwork to thwart amy nomination of nominees they didn't support
Exactly. He needs to double down.
In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
�More than any other time in history, mankind faces a crossroads. One path leads to despair and utter hopelessness. The other, to total extinction. Let us pray we have the wisdom to choose correctly.�-Woody Allen
If God invented marathons to keep people from doing anything more stupid, the triathlon must have taken him completely by surprise.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
"A recent ABC News/Ipsos poll found that 48% of Americans think Trump should suspend his presidential campaign"

Ahem.

Sounds like the erstwhile Romney's "47%" has grown a bit in 11 years...

Online libertybele

This just proves how utterly stupid the Democommies are.  I guess they don't want to have to cheat again as bad as they did in 2020.  And let's get real, anyone denying 2020 was fixed has an IQ below 50. 

Trump has zero chance to win in 2024, unless it is solidly confirmed the 2020 election was fixed and those doing the fixing are brought up on charges.

I think Trump chances of winning the general election is slim to none, that is why I am hoping that a strong conservative candidate emerges to win the general.  Highly unlikely though with all the fraud and cheating and I think the DEMS are going to have a much stronger ticket than Brandon and Cackles.

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline goatprairie

"And let's get real, anyone denying 2020 was fixed has an IQ below 50"

It wasn't fixed. Trump lost.....fairly, squarely, and bigly. Stop being gaslighted, and pull the wool off of your eyes.

Online libertybele

It wasn't fixed. Trump lost.....fairly, squarely, and bigly. Stop being gaslighted, and pull the wool off of your eyes.

Lost, fairly and squarely???  Not when there are those in here who witnessed a stolen election.

Offline jafo2010

I disagree.  Dead from the neck up ninny and the cackling fool are perfect for those that really run the show.  They stick and they win four more years if Trump is the candidate for the GOP.  No one else in the GOP stands a chance against Trump.  So we have Bidet until January, 2029.  Yes, the whole decade will be named THE LOST DECADE, for the world will recognize it as the period the USA got totally lost down the swirl of the toilet, or Bidet.  No joke.  This republic, gone and lost forever with the 2020 election, only permanently lost with the re-election of Bidet.

Wrecking Ball Joe gets four more years to destroy this nation, advance his master's nation, China, and leave the USA in the dust.  The totalitarian nations emerge as the world leaders, and fact is we fight going totalitarian in the USA with each passing year.  Two blinks of the eye, and we too can be exactly like Putin's Russia.  We are marching that way now with the government declaring they control the future of children, and not the parents.  The parents are being criminalized and cut out of the equation if these stinking educators can convince a child they are trans.

If I had children, and a teacher/school admin person attempted to talk my child into being trans, they would find themselves swimming with Luca Brazzi.

Parents need to fight to terminate and have these folks marked as child molesters.

Years ago as a school board member, we were confronted with a teacher that was sexually sodomizing 10 year old boys.  The student who was 24 years of age that brought it to our attention, was seeing a psychiatrist over the experience and notified the school district when he learned this maggot was still teaching 4th grade.  CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE IS A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON SEXUALLY ASSUALTING CHILDREN?  SEVEN YEARS IN THE STATE I COME FROM. 

Despite knowing what he did, our solicitor told us we could not notify parents in case their male child was having trouble with also having the same experience.  He told us this predator teacher could sue the heck out of us. 

Ah yes, we protect our children!!  In a pig's eye.  You want to protect children, END THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR SEXUAL PREDATORS OF CHILDREN.  Treat it exactly like murder.  There is not statute of limitations for murder.  And let's face it, a 10 year old boy is repeatedly sodomized, he dies inside, so it is murder. 

Sorry for getting off in the weeds, but the truth is that Biden fully supports these degenerates, and supports their efforts to destroy the life of children.  This is a huge issue for 2024.  Parents if they care about their children would never vote for a Democommie!!!!!  And certainly not for a maggot like Bidet!
« Last Edit: April 13, 2023, 12:06:14 am by jafo2010 »

Offline jafo2010

goatprairie...

Perhaps you are blind.  For you would have to be to believe the nonsense you are spewing. 

Did you not see the super vote center in the Philly area push Poll Watchers back 100 yards from the counting, then they mounted poster board on the windows to prevent the Poll Watchers from doing their job period!!!  Perhaps that is too complicated for you to understand what might of been going on.  Might my *ss, what was going on.  Massive cheating!!!  PERIOD!!!  That is how having Poll Watchers came into being.  But in Philly, where there are almost no Republicans, cheating has become normal and every day. 

I hail from the Pittsburgh area, another city totally controlled by Democommies.  Heck, most of the mayoral elections no longer have a Republican wasting their time and running for mayor.

I got elected in Pennsylvania, and I know well what takes place there in that corrupt state.  You are clueless.  Totally clueless.  And just as stupid as the folks that voted for Fetterman.  Anyone that voted for that turd is like Biden, dead from the neck up!

Even the Pennsylvania Supreme Court violated the state constitution when they made decisions about timeframes for the elections, something NOT in their purview of authority.  Dominated by Democommies, they arbitrarily altered the rules for dates for the election, totally ignoring the laws as established by the Pennsylvania Legislature, who has the ONLY authority to determine elections in Pennsylvania. 

The Russian people largely believe they are fighting an honorable fight in Ukraine, fighting NAZIS that were killing Russian heritage folks in Ukraine.  So, Putin and Russia intend to destroy the nation, a country that not so long ago was a sister nation of the USSR. 

You are told by the media this is what happened, and you buy the bullsh*t.  Not hard to convince genuinely dumb people that something that is NOT truthful is the truth.

I suppose you believed in Russian collusion too.  Years of shoveling that horsesh*t went no where, and you bought into that fact too I suppose.

I was a publisher years ago, at a time when journalists still existed with some level of integrity.  That does not exist in America any longer.  The differences between the Putin controlled media in Russia is not a whole lot different than the controlled media in the USA.  What Elon Musk has done certainly has proven that with Twitter.

Any chance you went to Harvard? 

But hey, you know it was honest.  Uggh. 

Online libertybele

I disagree.  Dead from the neck up ninny and the cackling fool are perfect for those that really run the show.  They stick and they win four more years if Trump is the candidate for the GOP.  No one else in the GOP stands a chance against Trump.  So we have Bidet until January, 2029.  Yes, the whole decade will be named THE LOST DECADE, for the world will recognize it as the period the USA got totally lost down the swirl of the toilet, or Bidet.  No joke.  This republic, gone and lost forever with the 2020 election, only permanently lost with the re-election of Bidet.

Wrecking Ball Joe gets four more years to destroy this nation, advance his master's nation, China, and leave the USA in the dust.  The totalitarian nations emerge as the world leaders, and fact is we fight going totalitarian in the USA with each passing year.  Two blinks of the eye, and we too can be exactly like Putin's Russia.  We are marching that way now with the government declaring they control the future of children, and not the parents.  The parents are being criminalized and cut out of the equation if these stinking educators can convince a child they are trans.

If I had children, and a teacher/school admin person attempted to talk my child into being trans, they would find themselves swimming with Luca Brazzi.

Parents need to fight to terminate and have these folks marked as child molesters.

Years ago as a school board member, we were confronted with a teacher that was sexually sodomizing 10 year old boys.  The student who was 24 years of age that brought it to our attention, was seeing a psychiatrist over the experience and notified the school district when he learned this maggot was still teaching 4th grade.  CAN YOU BELIEVE THERE IS A STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS ON SEXUALLY ASSUALTING CHILDREN?  SEVEN YEARS IN THE STATE I COME FROM. 

Despite knowing what he did, our solicitor told us we could not notify parents in case their male child was having trouble with also having the same experience.  He told us this predator teacher could sue the heck out of us. 

Ah yes, we protect our children!!  In a pig's eye.  You want to protect children, END THE STATUTE OF LIMITATIONS FOR SEXUAL PREDATORS OF CHILDREN.  Treat it exactly like murder.  There is not statute of limitations for murder.  And let's face it, a 10 year old boy is repeatedly sodomized, he dies inside, so it is murder. 

Sorry for getting off in the weeds, but the truth is that Biden fully supports these degenerates, and supports their efforts to destroy the life of children.  This is a huge issue for 2024.  Parents if they care about their children would never vote for a Democommie!!!!!  And certainly not for a maggot like Bidet!

Good post!!  888high58888

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Every time I see a thread citing the poll numbers, the first data point I look at is the pollster.

ABC/Ipsos?  This and a few others are the rectal end of left wing bias. 

If the same was reported by Raz or Quinipac?  I might take a little more serious
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Slightly off topic but here are the Trump-DeSantis poll results reported in the past few weeks at RCP-

National-
---------------

Insider Advantage- Trump 57 DeSantis 24
Trafalgar (Republican run) Trump 56 DeSantis 23
Cygnal (Repubican run) Trump 42 DeSantis 29
I & I- Trump 47 DeSantis 23
Reuters-  Trump 58 DeSantis- 21
Insider Avantage- Trump- 57 DeSatis- 24

State-

SC - Trump- 41 DeSantis- 20
OK-  Trump- 38 DeSantis- 29
MA-  Trump- 59 DeSantis- 18
NH-  Trump- 42 DeSantis- 29

I know polls pretty much mean nothing, especially when parsing a few percentage points, but there is no doubt that at least this particular moment that Trump has the upper hand.

I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline MeshugeMikey

• the anti trump

but a mouldy CHEESEBURDER will NEVER be elected

Online libertybele

Slightly off topic but here are the Trump-DeSantis poll results reported in the past few weeks at RCP-

National-
---------------

Insider Advantage- Trump 57 DeSantis 24
Trafalgar (Republican run) Trump 56 DeSantis 23
Cygnal (Repubican run) Trump 42 DeSantis 29
I & I- Trump 47 DeSantis 23
Reuters-  Trump 58 DeSantis- 21
Insider Avantage- Trump- 57 DeSatis- 24

State-

SC - Trump- 41 DeSantis- 20
OK-  Trump- 38 DeSantis- 29
MA-  Trump- 59 DeSantis- 18
NH-  Trump- 42 DeSantis- 29

I know polls pretty much mean nothing, especially when parsing a few percentage points, but there is no doubt that at least this particular moment that Trump has the upper hand.

Trump is smearing DeSantis and the DEMS are beginning to as well.  I predict that the leftists and DEMS will create false accusations against DeSantis much like they did Trump.  I think that they will fear him running more so than they do Trump.

DeSantis is a great governor, but as an orator Trump excels significantly.  Trump has a natural ability to connect with people and that is his ace in the hole.  No one can connect with people like Trump.

DeSantis is more conservative but Trump's accomplishments cannot be denied.

Another consideration is if Trump were to come out innocent of charges it will be a feather in his cap and if he were to name Cruz as his VP, I think Trump may take the oval office.  Cruz plays a significant ground game and I think he would have a handle on renewing election integrity.

Just my opinion.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
I think Trump chances of winning the general election is slim to none, that is why I am hoping that a strong conservative candidate emerges to win the general. 

@libertybele

Just out of curiousity,what makes you think that he or she won't be given the same "treatment" as Trump?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline roamer_1

@libertybele

Just out of curiousity,what makes you think that he or she won't be given the same "treatment" as Trump?

They always do... The difference is that a Conservative actually has some backing.

Online corbe

Newsome just came out against DeSantis in a recent appearance. That's who the demonrats are scared of most.
   Apparently, DJT got the memo.
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.