Author Topic: Recent hostilities between Syrian and US forces could be a turning point  (Read 87 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
9 Apr, 2023 12:41

Recent hostilities between Syrian and US forces could be a turning point
Damascus’ troops and their Iran-backed allies seem to be shifting towards a head-on confrontation with American occupiers

Recent hostilities between Syrian and US forces could be a turning point

US President Joe Biden ordered airstrikes on a number of positions in northeastern Syria last month, after Washington announced the death of a contractor in a drone strike.

What followed was an unprecedented response from the Syrian Arab Army (SAA) and allied militias, shelling US positions throughout the duration of the following day. This exchange of fire marks a turning point in the conflict between the two sides.

On March 23, the US Department of Defense claimed that a drone, of Iranian origin, had struck US forces stationed near al-Hasakah, in northeastern Syria, killing an American contractor and injuring a number of service members. To which F-15 fighter jets were launched from Doha in order to target Iranian-allied militia groups in the Deir ez-Zor province of Syria. Throughout recent years there have been several exchanges between US and Iranian-allied militia groups in Syria’s east. However, these rarely resulted in American casualties and the brief escalations were controlled.

https://www.rt.com/news/574431-syria-us-iran-fighting/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I get this a piece of Ruskie disinformation (American occupiers, these rarely resulted in American casualties  ).

American occupiers speaks for itself. The attacks by Syrian forces were "mostly peaceful."  This could spread if it keeps up so the US had better focus here and not on Ukraine.
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson