Author Topic: Blumenthal Breaks Leg at UConn Parade, to Undego Surgery  (Read 261 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Blumenthal Breaks Leg at UConn Parade, to Undego Surgery
« on: April 09, 2023, 02:22:22 pm »
Blumenthal Breaks Leg at UConn Parade,
to Undego Surgery

Breitbart News8 Apr 2023268

U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal of Connecticut says he expects to undergo surgery to repair a broken leg he suffered Saturday during a victory parade for the University of Connecticut men’s basketball team.

In a tweet Saturday night, Blumenthal said a fellow parade goer tripped and fell on him during the event in Hartford, Connecticut, to celebrate the team winning the NCAA basketball title on April 4 in Houston.

The 77-year-old Democrat said he was awaiting “routine surgery” on his femur scheduled for Sunday and expects a full recovery.

“What can I say, I love a parade!” he tweeted.

Connecticut’s other U.S. senator, Chris Murphy, tweeted that “after he broke his femur he got back up, dusted himself off, and FINISHED THE PARADE. Most Dick Blumenthal thing ever.”

Connecticut state Rep. Matt Blumenthal tweeted that he heard his father “was also on the reviewing stand for a while. Tough as nails, and on the mend shortly!”

Blumenthal is serving his third term in the Senate after being reelected in November. He was the state’s U.S. attorney before serving in the state House and state Senate and as Connecticut’s attorney general.

https://www.breitbart.com/news/blumenthal-breaks-leg-at-uconn-parade-to-undego-surgery/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Re: Blumenthal Breaks Leg at UConn Parade, to Undego Surgery
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2023, 02:38:03 pm »
Connecticut state Rep. Matt Blumenthal tweeted that he heard his father

Causen rulin de cuntry bees ah fambly bidnez.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #2 on: April 10, 2023, 01:27:56 pm »
Quick, get that man a Purple Heart.
Blumenthal breaks leg at UConn parade, to undego surgery
By Associated Press - Sunday, April 9, 2023

U.S. Sen. Richard Blumenthal said he expects to undergo surgery to repair a broken leg he suffered Saturday during a victory parade for the University of Connecticut men’s basketball team.

In a tweet Saturday night, Blumenthal said a fellow parade goer tripped and fell on him during the event in Hartford, Connecticut, to celebrate the team winning the NCAA basketball title on April 4 in Houston.

The 77-year-old Democrat said he was awaiting “routine surgery” on his femur scheduled for Sunday and expects a full recovery. ...
Washington Times
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 10, 2023, 01:29:53 pm »
... Sen. Chris Murphy, who also attended the festivities, lauded his Connecticut colleague for continuing on with the parade even after he had become injured.

“FYI after he broke his femur he got back up, dusted himself off, and FINISHED THE PARADE,” the fellow Connecticut Democrat tweeted. “Most Dick Blumenthal thing ever.”  ...
NY Post

Yeah, he's a real he-man. He should go fight for Ukraine or something. He'd wipe out those Russkies in no time.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: April 10, 2023, 01:40:30 pm »
NY Post

Yeah, he's a real he-man. He should go fight for Ukraine or something. He'd wipe out those Russkies in no time.

I would expect nothing less from a great Marine War Hero. /s
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #5 on: April 10, 2023, 02:19:09 pm »
Must have been a greenstick fracture. Not many people with broken femurs go hopping around on them.  (But then, most of the broken femurs I have seen are from car accidents).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Mod2

« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2023, 06:07:13 pm »
Threads merged.