Author Topic: Biden review of chaotic Afghan withdrawal blames Trump  (Read 957 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden review of chaotic Afghan withdrawal blames Trump
« on: April 06, 2023, 05:59:49 pm »
Biden review of chaotic Afghan withdrawal blames Trump
By ZEKE MILLER (AP White House Correspondent)
WASHINGTON April 6, 2023 12:51 p.m.

An interagency review led by the National Security Council of the chaotic 2021 withdrawal of U.S. troops from Afghanistan largely lays the blame on former President Donald Trump, saying President Joe Biden was “severely constrained” by the decisions of his predecessor.

The White House on Thursday publicly released a 12-page summary of the results of the so-called “hotwash” of U.S. policies around the ending of the nation's longest war, taking little responsibility for its own actions. The administration said most of the after-action reviews, which were transmitted privately to Congress on Thursday, were highly classified and would not be released publicly.

“President Biden’s choices for how to execute a withdrawal from Afghanistan were severely constrained by conditions created by his predecessor,” the White House summary states, noting that when Biden entered office, “the Taliban were in the strongest military position that they had been in since 2001, controlling or contesting nearly half of the country.”

more
https://www.opb.org/article/2023/04/06/biden-review-of-chaotic-afghan-withdrawal-blames-trump/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline LMAO

Re: Biden review of chaotic Afghan withdrawal blames Trump
« Reply #1 on: April 06, 2023, 06:00:33 pm »
 :rolling:

Of course it does
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #2 on: April 06, 2023, 06:01:15 pm »
They have got to be kidding...Kirby talking with a straight face about this report...Trump's fault!

Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Online mountaineer

« Reply #3 on: April 06, 2023, 06:04:40 pm »
CBS's @EdOKeefe SLAMS the Biden WH & John Kirby for releasing a report on the Afghanistan withdrawal was sent to us "about 10 minutes before the briefing began, with little notice": "It's the very definition of a modern major holiday news dump...after months of requests"
Thread:

https://twitter.com/CurtisHouck/status/1644035708280008721
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #4 on: April 06, 2023, 06:05:19 pm »
April 6, 2023 1:38pm EDT
Biden admin review of Afghanistan withdrawal repeatedly blames Trump
Biden administration says former President Donald Trump's actions 'severely constrained' conditions for US military withdrawal from Afghanistan

By Chris Pandolfo | Fox News

The White House on Thursday released its review of the widely-criticized U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021.

The document repeatedly criticizes the Trump administration for constraining the conditions of American withdrawal.

"As you know, over the past many months, departments and agencies key to the Afghanistan withdrawal have been conducting thorough internal after-action reviews examining their decision-making processes and execution. Recently, the Secretaries of State and Defense told members of Congress they would provide Congress with access to these reviews by mid-April," the White House said.

"Today, the agencies will give Congress access to those classified reviews, and the NSC will also be releasing a document that provides our perspectives, outlines in broad strokes some of what we learned, and how we have already implemented those lessons in other global challenges."

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-review-of-afghanistan-withdrawal-repeatedly-blames-trump
Support the USO

Online mountaineer

« Reply #5 on: April 06, 2023, 06:11:39 pm »
Biden proud of the way the withdrawal was handled.  *****rollingeyes*****

https://twitter.com/DailyCaller/status/1644039728474255372

DOOCY: "Who's getting fired over this [Afghanistan Withdrawal]?"

KIRBY: "The purpose...is NOT accountability."
« Last Edit: April 06, 2023, 06:23:00 pm by mountaineer »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline HikerGuy83

• Still Trying
« Reply #6 on: April 06, 2023, 06:46:29 pm »
Color me shocked.

Joe Biden is now competing with Jimmy Carter to be the worst president ever.

Offline berdie

« Reply #7 on: April 06, 2023, 07:33:29 pm »
Let me get this straight. The Biden admin very proudly over turned a ton of eos and policies of the Trump admin when they took office. But they chose to hang on to the Afghanistan policies? Or, imho, ignore what the plan was supposed to be?

As an aside, I have not forgotten or forgiven that Afghanistan moment.

Offline libertybele

« Reply #8 on: April 06, 2023, 07:37:23 pm »
Let's Go Brandon!!!   FJB!!
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #9 on: April 06, 2023, 08:12:45 pm »
EXCLUSIVE: Trump Campaign Responds To Biden Afghanistan Review

Diana Glebova
White House Correspondent
April 06, 2023 2:55 PM ET

Donald Trump’s campaign responded to President Joe Biden blaming the former president’s administration for the Afghanistan withdrawal.

The Biden administration released a review of the August 2021 U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan on Thursday, blaming the former administration for leaving “difficult realities” behind for Biden and “severely” constraining him.

The document criticized Trump for calling for talks with the Taliban, ordering the drawdown of U.S. troops, negotiating a withdrawal deadline for May 1 of 2021, and not giving Biden plans on how to conduct the final withdrawal during the presidential transition.

Trump’s team responded to Biden’s criticisms by saying the Biden administration is “trying to gaslight the American people.”

“Biden and his administration are trying to gaslight the American people for their disastrous withdrawal in Afghanistan that directly led to American deaths and emboldened the terrorists,” Trump’s spokesperson Steven Cheung told the Daily Caller.

“Biden’s complete erosion of American deterrence can be directly assigned blame for Putin’s decision to invade Ukraine, Kim’s decision to restart missile launches, and Xi’s pending decision to invade Taiwan and Chinese spy balloons surveilling American. And those are only the nation-state threats we’re aware of. The world has become a more dangerous place under Joe Biden,” Cheung added.

more
https://dailycaller.com/2023/04/06/exclusive-trump-campaign-responds-biden-afghanistan-review/
Support the USO

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #10 on: April 06, 2023, 08:31:06 pm »
Yes, Trump had it meticulously planned, as much as such can be.

We saw what happens when you 'wing it'...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mIQPSgnG3T0
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #11 on: April 06, 2023, 09:47:20 pm »
 Administration's Absurd Review of Biden's Afghanistan Debacle Repeatedly Blames Trump
Mike Miller

In this episode of Try to Control Your Shock and Amazement…

Spoiler: Joe Biden’s ill-advised withdrawal from Afghanistan was Donald Trump’s fault. No, really. Just ask the Biden administration, whose recently completed review of the chaotic withdrawal repeatedly blamed Trump. Shocked? Me, neither — this lie’s even too preposterous for the serial-lying Biden administration.

So, yeah, as reported by the Associated Press, the White House on Thursday released its review of Biden’s disastrous, haphazard withdrawal from Afghanistan in 2021. The review repeatedly criticizes the Trump administration for “constraining the conditions” of American withdrawal.

As you know, over the past many months, departments and agencies key to the Afghanistan withdrawal have been conducting thorough internal after-action reviews examining their decision-making processes and execution. Recently, the Secretaries of State and Defense told members of Congress they would provide Congress with access to these reviews by mid-April.

Today, the agencies will give Congress access to those classified reviews, and the NSC will also be releasing a document that provides our perspectives, outlines in broad strokes some of what we learned, and how we have already implemented those lessons in other global challenges.

more
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2023/04/06/administrations-absurd-review-of-bidens-afghanistan-debacle-repeatedly-blames-trump-n727494
Support the USO

Offline Texas Yellow Rose

• Native Texan
« Reply #12 on: April 06, 2023, 10:15:22 pm »
 :BangComp:

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #13 on: April 06, 2023, 10:19:50 pm »
White House denies 'chaos' during Afghanistan withdrawal: 'Didn't see it from my perch'
Naomi Lim

April 06, 2023 03:14 PM

| Updated Apr 06, 2023, 03:37 PM

The White House pushed back on the idea President Joe Biden's withdrawal from Afghanistan was chaotic, defending its summary of administration-wide after-action reports that transfers much of the responsibility to former President Donald Trump.

"For all this talk of chaos, I didn't see it from my perch," National Security Council spokesman John Kirby told reporters Thursday. "I just don't buy the whole argument of chaos."

"Nobody's saying that everything was perfect," he said. "But there was a lot that went right, and a lot of Afghans are now living better lives."

The White House's summary frames Biden's decisions regarding Afghanistan as being "severely constrained by conditions created by his predecessor," from troop numbers to the Doha Agreement with the Taliban.

more
https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/news/white-house/afghanistan-chaos-from-my-perch
Support the USO

Offline DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #14 on: April 06, 2023, 10:22:33 pm »
Biden is denying the truth - his administration botched the withdrawal and evacution.  That display of weakness and incompetence encouraged Putin to invade Ukraine.

Trump was not President when the evacuation occurred.  Biden blew it, but doesn't want to admit it.

////00000////

Biden was President when this happened; Trump was not:

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #15 on: April 06, 2023, 11:50:53 pm »
Pompeo torches Kirby after White House shifts blame to Trump for deadly Afghanistan withdrawal
Charles Creitz
5–6 minutes

Former secretary of state under President Trump Mike Pompeo fired back at claims from the Biden administration that Trump constrained the conditions of the U.S. pullout from Afghanistan, during which 13 American soldiers died in a suicide bombing while protecting the Kabul airport, and untold numbers of Americans and Afghans eligible for evacuation were stranded.

The White House on Thursday released its review of President Biden's fumbled 2021 withdrawal from Afghanistan while Trump's indictment continues to dominate the headlines. The 12-page outline called the overall decision to end the 20-year war the right thing for America, but declined to acknowledge any mistakes made by Biden while instead repeatedly criticizing Trump's administration.

Rear Adm. John Kirby, the National Security Council spokesman, said Thursday it was always Biden's intent to end the war, but at the same time "undeniable that decisions made and the lack of planning done by the previous administration significantly limited options available to him."

Mike Pompeo, who also served as CIA director under Trump, said he wasn't surprised by Kirby's tact, saying President Biden and members of his administration routinely blame anyone but themselves for their own multiple failures.

"I am outraged by the fact that the 13 Americans that were killed there didn't have to happen. And President Biden made the political decision to announce the date of withdrawal, to publicize it, and then to withdraw – in spite of the fact that the military clearly had told him that was a likely outcome. I don't know what they're talking about," he said on "The Story."

Pompeo said Kirby failed to understand that former Afghan President Ashraf Ghani was a "corrupt scoundrel" who was likely to flee and destabilize the country's government, and that ceding Bagram Air Base would be a geopolitical catastrophe with long term, far-reaching consequences.

"This was entirely predictable. We (the Trump administration) didn't constrain them at all. The Biden administration has demonstrated their willingness to break up good plans that the Trump administration had," Pompeo said, pointing to Biden's continued deconstruction of Trump's border security policies and his about-face on the Trump-era tactics used to "deter" Russian President Vladimir Putin.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/media/pompeo-torches-kirby-white-house-shifts-blame-trump-deadly-afghanistan-withdrawal
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #16 on: April 07, 2023, 12:00:05 am »
NBC's De Luce: Biden Afghanistan Report Omits Fact They Had Months of Warnings to Start Evacuation
Ian Hanchett

On Thursday’s broadcast of MSNBC’s “Katy Tur Reports,” NBC News Investigative Unit Reporter Dan De Luce and guest host Alex Witt reacted to the Biden administration’s report on the withdrawal from Afghanistan by stating that the report omits “that, as early as April of that year, there were lawmakers and refugee advocates and veterans groups that were all pleading with the White House privately and publicly to start evacuating all of the Afghans that had worked as interpreters and in other jobs for U.S. forces.” And that the administration had seven months after it took power to plan and make policies for the withdrawal.

De Luce said, “There are not really new facts as far as we can see in this report. It’s very much an argument, similar to the argument they made right after that chaotic withdrawal that, really, they inherited this terrible situation from the Trump administration, that the intelligence community wasn’t predicting the Afghan Army would collapse so quickly, and that they did the best they could in those circumstances. But it’s very defensive in tone. And it doesn’t mention that, as early as April of that year, there were lawmakers and refugee advocates and veterans groups that were all pleading with the White House privately and publicly to start evacuating all of the Afghans that had worked as interpreters and in other jobs for U.S. forces. So, I think this is not going to resolve the criticism and the debate about how the withdrawal was managed, setting aside whether the decision to withdraw was the right one.”

Witt stated, “[T]he fact is, the Biden administration had seven months after taking over from the Trump administration before that withdrawal. I’m sure that classified report will have a lot more details, and maybe we’ll get some of that down the road. ”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/04/06/nbcs-de-luce-biden-afghanistan-report-omits-fact-they-had-months-of-warnings-to-start-evacuation/
Support the USO

Offline libertybele

« Reply #17 on: April 07, 2023, 12:16:03 am »
Everything is Trump's fault.

Prayers up for former President Trump and his family.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online SZonian

• Strike without warning
  • 415th Nightstalker
« Reply #18 on: April 07, 2023, 12:21:13 am »
Rear Adm. John Kirby is an effing disgrace to the uniform and has now distinguished himself as nothing more than a political hack and above all, a disgusting POS.
Throwing our allegiances to political parties in the long run gave away our liberty.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2023, 12:14:22 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #20 on: April 07, 2023, 12:23:43 pm »
Typical ravings from an Administration with delusions of adequacy.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #21 on: April 07, 2023, 01:40:23 pm »
CBS’ O’Keefe: Biden Afghanistan Report Was ‘Ready for Weeks’ and Dumped Before a Holiday Weekend

Ian Hanchett

On Thursday, CBS News Senior White House and Political Correspondent Ed O’Keefe stated that the release of the Biden administration’s Afghanistan report on the Thursday before a holiday weekend is “the definition of a news dump.” And the report “has been ready for weeks, if not months.”

O’Keefe stated, “This is a twelve-page watered-down, neutered cleansing of what [are] two otherwise classified, far more detailed, lengthy after-action reviews done by the Pentagon and by the State Department that will not be released to the public, because they are classified.”

He added, “What’s telling is that this — we are led to believe — has been ready for weeks, if not months. Versions of this have been to the secretary of Defense and the secretary of State. They have then been passed up to the National Security Council, which, in essence, serves as the super desk for all things international or foreign relations in the administration and they’re the ones that wrote this watered-down public report — if you want to call it that. And they’re releasing it here on the Thursday before a holiday weekend, in the midst of the Catholic and Jewish high holidays, when the president literally was leaving the White House as the report was released, and when reporters were given just ten minutes heads-up before they came out for that briefing, which meant that we weren’t necessarily able to give it the fullest review that would lead to better questions. And now, the State Department and the Pentagon press corps at least won’t have a chance to ask people in public about this until next week. Fine, that’s their decision. The other thing is that Congress isn’t in session, and they’re the ones that have been asking for this. … It’s the definition of a news dump.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/04/07/cbs-okeefe-biden-afghanistan-report-was-ready-for-weeks-and-dumped-before-a-holiday-weekend/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #22 on: April 07, 2023, 01:40:48 pm »
CBS' Brennan: Biden Afghanistan Report Omits Warnings from State Department, Military
Ian Hanchett
~2 minutes

On Thursday’s edition of “CBS News Primetime,” CBS “Face the Nation” host and Chief Foreign Affairs Correspondent Margaret Brennan stated that the Biden administration’s Afghanistan report omitted warnings and advice against the Biden administration’s Afghanistan strategy, such as a 2021 cable from the State Department that urged a faster evacuation as the Taliban made gains in the country and statements by then-CENTCOM Commander Gen. Frank McKenzie that he advised against pulling out of the country.

Brennan said, “The former head of Central Command, Gen. Frank McKenzie, told CBS in September he advised President Biden against pulling out.”

Brennan then played a clip of McKenzie saying, “I gave advice. My advice was not followed” before stating that “no mention of that is made in the report. Also absent, a July 13 internal State Department cable warning that the Taliban was making rapid territorial gains and recommending that evacuation be sped up.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/04/07/cbs-brennan-biden-afghanistan-report-omits-warnings-from-state-department-military/
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #23 on: April 07, 2023, 01:44:19 pm »
Looks like the MSM isn't buying Joe's version of this report

NBC’s Welker: Biden Is Blaming Trump for Afghanistan Withdrawal Disaster, While Also Denying It Was a Disaster
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2023/04/06/nbcs-welker-biden-is-blaming-trump-for-afghanistan-withdrawal-disaster-while-also-denying-it-was-a-disaster/
« Last Edit: April 07, 2023, 01:46:07 pm by mystery-ak »
Support the USO

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #24 on: April 07, 2023, 02:03:40 pm »
‘Lying POS’ trends over the most outrageous White House press conference of the year
Tom Tillison
3–4 minutes

The White House released a report on the chaotic 2021 U.S. withdrawal from Afghanistan on Thursday and, to the surprise of few, the Biden administration is largely blaming Donald Trump for some of the conditions that they opted to abide by.

Fox News reporter Peter Doocy took National Security Council Coordinator for Strategic Communications John Kirby to task at the White House daily briefing over the botched withdrawal that resulted in the unnecessary deaths of 13 U.S. service members, and Kirby’s response resulted in the phrase “lying POS” trending on Twitter.

“After the country has had a couple months to review this, and as the government has, people don’t have an issue with the decision to order troops out of Afghanistan. It’s with the way this president ordered it done,” Doocy said. “There were children being killed. There were people hanging off of Air Force jets that were leaving. And you’re saying that you guys are proud of the way that this mission was conducted? You’re proud of that?”

“You bet,” Kirby replied, after explaining that the administration “got more than 124,000 people safely out of Afghanistan.”

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/04/07/lying-pos-trends-over-the-most-outrageous-white-house-press-conference-of-the-year-1347954/
Support the USO