Author Topic: Federal judges say they won’t hire clerks from ‘intolerant’ Stanford Law School  (Read 345 times)

Offline Kamaji

Federal judges say they won’t hire clerks from ‘intolerant’ Stanford Law School

By Jesse O’Neill
April 2, 2023

Two federal judges appointed by former President Donald Trump will no longer hire clerks from Stanford Law School after students there protested the visit of another conservative judge last month.

The Saturday night announcement from circuit court judges James Ho and Elizabeth Branch came after the duo and 12 other judges said in October they would not hire clerks from Yale Law School due to a pervasive “cancel culture” at the Ivy League school.

Ho, who serves on a federal appeals court in New Orleans, made the announcement in a speech to the Texas Review of Law and Politics, where he was introduced by Branch, an Atlanta judge, according to The Washington Free Beacon.

The announcement came after Stanford’s associate dean for diversity, equity and inclusion led a protest of Judge S. Kyle Duncan at the school’s chapter of the Federalist Society, and accused him and his anti-gay rights legal record of causing “harm” to students.

Source:  https://nypost.com/2023/04/02/james-ho-and-elizabeth-branch-say-they-will-not-hire-clerks-from-stanford/

Offline Kamaji

Good start.  Now let's hear from the rest of the judiciary, both federal and state.

Online mountaineer

If I were a judge, I wouldn't hire clerks from a law school that can't be bothered to educate the kiddies on the meaning of the First Amendment, either.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
There's no way that you can. How can employ someone who might turn on you in a second because of something that offends their moral sensibilities, in an arena where
confidentiality and discretion are often paramount?
The Republic is lost.

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
There's no way that you can. How can employ someone who might turn on you in a second because of something that offends their moral sensibilities, in an arena where
confidentiality and discretion are often paramount?
Well if by employ you mean trust, and I know you do, having people like that privy to your thoughts and plans would be like having a ticking time bomb around not knowing if or when it would explode. Very bad for your Hozho!