Author Topic: Biden admin moving forward with light bulb bans in coming weeks  (Read 473 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden admin moving forward with light bulb bans in coming weeks
Thomas Catenacci

The Biden administration is preparing to implement a sweeping nationwide ban on commonly used light bulbs as part of its energy efficiency and climate agenda.

The regulations, which prohibit retailers from selling incandescent light bulbs, were finalized by the Department of Energy (DOE) in April 2022 and are slated to go into effect on Aug. 1, 2023. The DOE will begin full enforcement of the ban on that date, but it has already urged retailers to begin transitioning away from the light bulb type and, in recent months, begun issuing warning notices to companies.

"The lighting industry is already embracing more energy efficient products, and this measure will accelerate progress to deliver the best products to American consumers and build a better and brighter future," Energy Secretary Jennifer Granholm said last year.

According to the DOE announcement, the regulations will save consumers an estimated $3 billion per year on utility bills and cut carbon emissions by 222 million metric tons over the next three decades.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/biden-admin-moving-forward-light-bulb-bans-coming-weeks
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

Re: Biden admin moving forward with light bulb bans in coming weeks
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2023, 06:23:41 pm »
Didn't we go through some kind of light bulb ban years ago?? 

I look for the liberal lunatic leftists to start putting meters on our home and only allowing so much electricity per the number of people in the household.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2023, 07:14:23 pm »
LCD's don't work properly in some older houses with older wiring.  They flicker incessantly.

Classic example of elites having no idea how ordinary people live.

Offline roamer_1

« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2023, 07:44:17 pm »
LCD's don't work properly in some older houses with older wiring.  They flicker incessantly.

Classic example of elites having no idea how ordinary people live.

Not to mention, some people like me can't use LCD/LED. I am abnormally sensitive to light, and in front of a computer screen, or under LCD, I think it is daytime, and will not know it is way past time to be tired and go to bed. It messes drastically with my circadian rhythm.

Seriously, they are a bane to me.

But I think it is crap anyway... I don't think they can ban incandescent bulbs. It never works out. They have been banning them for 20 years.

Offline Kamaji

« Reply #4 on: April 01, 2023, 07:55:52 pm »
:facepalm2:

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2023, 05:19:54 am »
Comrade slick willy promised solemnly that America could solve all our energy issues if Americans switched all their lights over to the swirl screw-in fluorescent bulbs.  As we have seen since, democrats loving to lie to us has become unending, fools and suckers buy into the lies nearly every time.
 :smokin: :smokin: :smokin:
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2023, 08:35:33 am »
In winter, we have 16 hours of darkness and subzero temperatures. No heat is wasted, and this is the time of year we use the lights. In summer, we have 16 hours of daylight and no need to use the lights. Incandescents work fine, heat is not wasted. LEDs don't do so well in cold (especially outside).

But what of heat lamps?
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis