Author Topic: English teacher resigns after 'covering mouth of boy, 11, with heavy duty TAPE to stop him talking i  (Read 595 times)

Offline Kamaji

North Carolina English teacher resigns after 'covering mouth of boy, 11, with heavy duty TAPE to stop him talking in class'

Brady Webster, 11, sent a selfie to his mom Catherine on Feb 14 which showed him with his mouth taped shut with multiple layers of painter's tape

He told his mother in a text message 'I don't know what to do'

Teacher allegedly responsible has since resigned from Smithfield Middle School

By ANEETA BHOLE FOR DAILYMAIL.COM
23 March 2023

An eleven-year-old North Carolina student allegedly had his mouth taped shut by his sixth-grade English teacher after talking too much in class.

Catherine Webster received a text from her son Brady in February saying 'I don't know what to do' with an image of himself with layers of blue painter's tape stuck to his mouth during class at Smithfield Middle School, Johnston County.

Horrified by the image of her son who she described to be a 'chatterbox' who has a 'tendency to clown around', Catherine posted the shocking image to Facebook to bring to light her son's story and his interaction with Dawn Felix who she refers to as 'Mrs. Felix' in the post.

Source:  https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-11895749/Student-11-sent-mom-selfie-English-teacher-TAPED-mouth-stop-talking.html

Offline jmyrlefuller

• J. Myrle Fuller
  • Cat Mod
  • Realistic nihilist
    • Fullervision
If I'm Mrs. Felix, I'm doing it again and taking away his phone until he learns his lesson, to be quiet until called upon. Painter's tape easily peels off. It's not going to leave an injury.

It's basic etiquette, and the kid's mother clearly has no interest in disciplining her child. Notably, no mention of the child's father.
New profile picture in honor of Public Domain Day 2024

Offline Kamaji

If I'm Mrs. Felix, I'm doing it again and taking away his phone until he learns his lesson, to be quiet until called upon. Painter's tape easily peels off. It's not going to leave an injury.

It's basic etiquette, and the kid's mother clearly has no interest in disciplining her child. Notably, no mention of the child's father.

:facepalm2:

Online roamer_1

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Alright. As a painter let me tell you...
Blue masking tape is the tape with the least mount of grip, used for tapinng off over new paint because it is less likely to take the paint with when tearing off.

Green tape has a little more stick... About half way between blue and regular tape. Used for taping over new lacquers and varnishes, because it will keep a better line. And it is most often used for taping glass.

Both are WAY less sticky than regular masking tape, which of itself is pretty weak already.

'Heavy Duty' tape my *ss.

LOL!

These hens would have a cow if their kid was introduced to the Board of Education - A device I was WELL acquainted with.

And the teacher lost her job.
How dumb.

Offline Kamaji

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Alright. As a painter let me tell you...
Blue masking tape is the tape with the least mount of grip, used for tapinng off over new paint because it is less likely to take the paint with when tearing off.

Green tape has a little more stick... About half way between blue and regular tape. Used for taping over new lacquers and varnishes, because it will keep a better line. And it is most often used for taping glass.

Both are WAY less sticky than regular masking tape, which of itself is pretty weak already.

'Heavy Duty' tape my *ss.

LOL!

These hens would have a cow if their kid was introduced to the Board of Education - A device I was WELL acquainted with.

And the teacher lost her job.
How dumb.

:facepalm2:  :facepalm2:

Offline unite for individuality

• I think, therefore I am... a misfit!
North Carolina English teacher resigns after 'covering mouth of boy, 11, with heavy duty TAPE to stop him talking in class'

Brady Webster, 11, sent a selfie to his mom Catherine on Feb 14 which showed him with his mouth taped shut with multiple layers of painter's tape

If you try to get your children to behave by threatening them with,
"Don't make me get the duct tape!"

You might be a redneck!
If all mankind minus one, were of one opinion, and only one person were of the contrary opinion,
mankind would be no more justified in silencing that one person, than he, if he had the power, would be justified in silencing mankind.
   -- John Stuart Mill

Here are the 10 RINOs who voted to impeach Trump on Jan. 13, 2021 - NEVER forget!
WY  Liz Cheney      SC 7  Tom Rice             WA 4  Dan Newhouse    IL 16  Adam Kinzinger    OH 16  Anthony Gonzalez
MI 6  Fred Upton    WA 3  Jaime Herrera Beutler    MI 3  Peter Meijer       NY 24  John Katko       CA 21  David Valadao

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.

If you try to get your children to behave by threatening them with,
"Don't make me get the duct tape!"

You might be a redneck!

Well, that'll teach them! Tears the mustache right off those fourth graders, too!

Sorry the teacher resigned, she'd have been applauded in my day.

Mom is going to have to deal with her results some day.
« Last Edit: March 24, 2023, 02:56:29 am by Smokin Joe »
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis