Author Topic: Help Save the Planet: Eat Lentils  (Read 190 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Help Save the Planet: Eat Lentils
« on: March 23, 2023, 10:12:19 am »
Help Save the Planet:  Eat Lentils
9 hours ago Kip Hansen 33 Comments
Comment by Kip Hansen — 23 March 2023

Now, you may think I’m trying to put one over on you.  But I’m not, really.  This advice comes from the Washington Post’s Climate Coach.

Say what?  Climate Coach?  Is that like a Life Coach?  A Planet-Saving Life Coach?  Well, sort of – the Post’s Climate Coach is Michael Coren.  Oh, not the famous Canadian theologian, radio host and writer.  A different Michael Coren, this one.

What does he do?  He writes an advice column.  He is the Dear Abby for the climate concerned.  He (and other authors of the Green Living section)  has advised readers of the Washington Post on home composting, how to buy Green Bonds, offered energy-saving tips for our home appliances, advised readers on green funeral options (from composting to natural burial to water cremation – NB: Those with weak stomachs should not follow the link on water cremation.), told us that we you should almost always wash our clothes with cold water and that we should be taking flights on planes burning re-processed French-fry oil.  All in the service of saving the planet, of course.

His latest advice for  the “Save the Planet®” crowd is: “eat lentils every day”.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/03/22/help-save-the-planet-eat-lentils/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Re: Help Save the Planet: Eat Lentils
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2023, 10:13:15 am »
They make me fart which just befouls the atmosphere! :silly:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Re: Help Save the Planet: Eat Lentils
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2023, 10:30:25 am »
My methane production would go way up were I to consume a lot of lentils.

Someone hasn't thought this through...

elevators...subways...MONGO!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFo03JmYwtg
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis