Author Topic: No Cause for Alarm: Janet Yellen to Reassure Congress U.S. Banking System ‘Remains Sound’  (Read 564 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
No Cause for Alarm: Janet Yellen to Reassure Congress U.S. Banking System ‘Remains Sound’

Simon Kent 16 Mar 2023

The U.S. banking system “remains sound” and Americans can feel “confident” about their deposits with no need to panic over recent events, Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen is set to tell the Senate Finance Committee on Thursday.

Her testimony will come a week after the second-largest bank collapse in U.S. history.

AP reports Yellen will be the first Biden administration official to face lawmakers over the decision to protect uninsured money at two failed regional banks, a move critics labelled as a bank “bailout.”

“The government took decisive and forceful actions to strengthen public confidence” in the U.S. banking system, Yellen says in prepared testimony released before her appearance.

“I can reassure the members of the Committee that our banking system remains sound, and that Americans can feel confident that their deposits will be there when they need them.”

She made no reference in the prepared remarks to the situation surrounding Credit Suisse, which saw its shares plunge on Wednesday before regulators pledged a liquidity lifeline to the flagship Swiss lender, as Breitbart News reported.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/economy/2023/03/16/no-cause-for-alarm-janet-yellen-to-reassure-congress-u-s-banking-system-remains-sound/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
okie dokey..... :thumbsup:
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
If the sound is like a cat being strangled, then I'd say she's right.
The Republic is lost.

Offline libertybele

Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
The Republic is lost.

Offline Kamaji

There is a PoV that suggests that if one has to confirm that something is X, then that something is almost certainly not X.

So, if Yellen has to publicly reassure Congress that the banking system "remains sound", on this PoV, it probably isn't, and she knows that.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
"Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain.  All is well in OZ."  Now Go away!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
Wow, just wow.....

VIX is back down to 33....   Markets have stabilized, and it's like nothing happened...... 

My best analogy right now is the market and finance in general is like a herd of Gazelles.  Early in the week the quickest and most bad ass. Lion just picked one Gazelle off, and devoured it under a tea tree, crunching every bone in ear shot of the other gazelles. 

Moments later all of those Gazelles are back grazing as ususal.  Apparently funky fundementals and speculative exuberance have trumped common sense investing. 
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline LMAO

Every time this woman speaks, all that goes through my mind is “inflation is transitory.”

Jim Cramer, Paul Krugman, and Janet Yellen should all be names included on Jeopardy as “ what are financial people who’ve been consistently wrong.”
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

@libertybele

So you back?

Reading posts for the most part .... things are about the same.  :patriot:
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Hoodat

Whatever Yellen says, expect the opposite.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-