Author Topic: 3 women remain missing in Mexico after traveling from Texas on a trip  (Read 133 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

3 women remain missing in Mexico after traveling from Texas on a trip
This week's search for four kidnapped Americans captured national attention, but thousands of other cases lack the manpower and resources needed to bring closure to loved ones.
Associated Press
March 11, 2023

PEÑITAS, Texas (AP) — Two sisters from Texas and a friend are missing in Mexico after they crossed the border last month to sell clothes at a flea market, U.S. authorities said Friday.

The abduction of four Americans in Mexico that was caught on video last week received an avalanche of attention and was resolved in a matter of days. But the fate of the three women, who haven't been heard from in about two weeks, remains a mystery and has garnered relatively little publicity.

The FBI said Friday it is aware that two sisters from Peñitas, a small border city in Texas near McAllen, and their friend have gone missing. Peñitas Police Chief Roel Bermea said their families have been in touch with Mexican authorities, who are investigating their disappearance.

https://www.chron.com/news/nation-world/article/3-women-missing-in-mexico-after-crossing-from-17833714.php
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson