Author Topic: ‘A very disturbing event’: Shellenberger describes ‘censorship-industrial complex’ created with taxp  (Read 346 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
‘A very disturbing event’: Shellenberger describes ‘censorship-industrial complex’ created with taxpayer funds
March 9, 2023 | Harold Hutchison

A journalist who testified about alleged government censorship Thursday described the rise of a “censorship-industrial complex” funded with American tax dollars to Fox News host Tucker Carlson.

“It was a very disturbing event, as you pointed out. They then proceeded to demand to know who our sources were, which of course, we were unwilling to share with them,” journalist Michael Shellenberger told Carlson, a co-founder of the Daily Caller News Foundation.

“It’s important to remember the context here,” Shellenberger continued. “We were revealing here this is way beyond woke censorship within Twitter, we have now discovered a censorship-industrial complex that includes government-funded entities that are doing state-sponsored censorship.”

WATCH:

https://rumble.com/embed/v29ufo4/?pub=4

more
https://www.bizpacreview.com/2023/03/09/a-very-disturbing-event-shellenberger-describes-censorship-industrial-complex-created-with-taxpayer-funds-1339213/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline mountaineer

Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mountaineer

Jay Bhattacharya
@DrJBhattacharya
What @shellenberger is describing here is the death of the American republic. In this new arrangement, the people are simply pawns to be psychologically manipulated (as during covid) for the aims of the powerful, with no checks and balances on government action.

https://twitter.com/disclosetv/status/1730258091818598636
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline bigheadfred

• One day Closer
She asked me name my foe then. I said the need within some men to fight and kill their brothers without thought of Love or God. Ken Hensley

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
As those of us who have held contrary information to the government narrative and tried to disseminate that information have known, attempting to post that information on major social media platforms has been difficult if not impossible.

Mere links to peer-reviewed studies published in medical journals and reposing in (and linked to in) the NIH library were marked as "misinformation" on Fecebook, even though there was no commentary in the post, just the links. The excellent video posted to YouTube by Dr. Zelenko regarding the use of Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin, and Zinc as a treatment for early onset COVID-19 was removed. The video explained how it worked as a regimen (treatment strategy, basic biochemistry), and what should be taken, and explained it so any intelligent layman could understand it. It was removed within a week of Trump mentioning Hydroxychloroquine, and the coordinated media campaign against the drug launched in the same time frame, virtually calling the drug deadly poison (a lie).

Since then we have seen various claims of "threats to our democracy" spewed simultaneously from a variety of media outlets, but I would assure all of these the greatest threat to any representative government allegedly based on the will of the people is the strangulation of free public discourse unfiltered by those who would decide what truth is based on their narrative.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
As those of us who have held contrary information to the government narrative and tried to disseminate that information have known, attempting to post that information on major social media platforms has been difficult if not impossible.

Mere links to peer-reviewed studies published in medical journals and reposing in (and linked to in) the NIH library were marked as "misinformation" on Fecebook, even though there was no commentary in the post, just the links. The excellent video posted to YouTube by Dr. Zelenko regarding the use of Hydroxychloroquine, Azithromycin, and Zinc as a treatment for early onset COVID-19 was removed. The video explained how it worked as a regimen (treatment strategy, basic biochemistry), and what should be taken, and explained it so any intelligent layman could understand it. It was removed within a week of Trump mentioning Hydroxychloroquine, and the coordinated media campaign against the drug launched in the same time frame, virtually calling the drug deadly poison (a lie).

Since then we have seen various claims of "threats to our democracy" spewed simultaneously from a variety of media outlets, but I would assure all of these the greatest threat to any representative government allegedly based on the will of the people is the strangulation of free public discourse unfiltered by those who would decide what truth is based on their narrative.

:yowsa:  pointing-up

I was permanently banned from Facebook for posting links to official U. S. government studies concerning the efficacy of masks published after the Spanish flu outbreak in the early twentieth century.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien