Author Topic: What will happen to immigrants admitted through Biden’s illegal parole program?  (Read 205 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
What will happen to immigrants admitted through Biden’s illegal parole program?
by Conn Carroll, Commentary Editor
 March 03, 2023 04:11 PM

President Joe Biden created the current border crisis by ending the previous administration’s Remain in Mexico program and creating loopholes in Title 42 enforcement. From that moment, the flood of immigrants arrested for illegally crossing the southern border has become so large that Border Patrol agents literally could not process them fast enough into the U.S.

At first, Border Patrol would spend two hours with each immigrant family, interviewing them, fingerprinting them, and issuing them a “notice to appear” in court that begins their deportation process. It is during these proceedings that most immigrants assert asylum as a defense against deportation. Almost all of them lose their asylum case, or abandon their asylum claim, but unless they commit a violent crime, Biden won’t deport them anyway.

THE BIDEN BORDER CRISIS EXPLAINED

Two hours was simply far too long to spend with all the immigrants who answered Biden’s call of “you should come," so the Biden administration shortened the review process to just 30 minutes and instead of a “notice to appear” in court, immigrants were given a “notice to report” to an Immigration and Customs Enforcement field office near their final destination. These ICE field offices would then interview immigrants and start the deportation process. Problem is, ICE field offices were not, and are not, equipped to process all the immigrants sent their way.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/what-will-happen-to-immigrants-admitted-through-bidens-illegal-parole-program
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson