Author Topic: Major British Newspaper Promotes Bringing ‘Back Rationing’ to ‘Fix Global Warming’  (Read 192 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Major British Newspaper Promotes Bringing ‘Back Rationing’ to ‘Fix Global Warming’
Joseph Vazquez
February 22nd, 2023 4:43 PM

Want to fight global warming? Start rationing like Britain did in World War 2! At least, that’s the idea that “one of Britain’s oldest and most influential newspapers” is promoting.

British publication The Times ran one of the nuttiest bits of climate change babble in a Feb. 20 story headlined: “How to fix global warming? Bring back rationing, say scientists.” The first sentence of the piece dripped with brain-melting nonsense: “Second World War-style rationing of petrol, household energy and meat could help to fight climate change, British scientists have recommended.”

The newspaper cited “researchers” – whom it does not name until the end of the article – from the University of Leeds who published climate propaganda disguised as analysis in the journal Ethics, Policy & Environment. The Times quoted the study, which also suggested giving citizens a “carbon allowance" and creating a “scarcity of fossil fuels.”

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/business/joseph-vazquez/2023/02/22/major-british-newspaper-promotes-bringing-back-rationing
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson