Author Topic: At Least 30 NJ Mayors Want Offshore Wind Halted As Whale Deaths Mount  (Read 168 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
WRITTEN BY THOMAS CATENACCI ON FEB 22, 2023. POSTED IN LATEST NEWS

At Least 30 NJ Mayors Want Offshore Wind Halted As Whale Deaths Mount

dead whale coastA coalition of 30 mayors representing communities along the New Jersey coast is calling on federal lawmakers and officials to implement a moratorium on offshore wind development in response to a spate of whale deaths.

The mayors, who collectively represent 359,168 residents and communities with beaches that welcome millions of visitors, requested that federal and state agencies conduct a comprehensive analysis of the impact offshore wind construction and surveying equipment may have on marine wildlife. [emphasis, links added]

They argued such development should only continue if it is conclusively proven to not harm wildlife.

https://climatechangedispatch.com/at-least-30-nj-mayors-want-offshore-wind-halted-as-whale-deaths-mount/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson