Author Topic: Unless We Abandon Globalism, China Will Win  (Read 223 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Unless We Abandon Globalism, China Will Win
« on: February 16, 2023, 10:33:41 am »
Unless We Abandon Globalism, China Will Win
China doesn’t care about international law, should we?
February 16, 2023 by Daniel Greenfield 

Chinese spy balloons have briefly captured the nation’s imagination, but they’re just another in a series of surveillance layers that begins with satellites and ends with phone apps. The spy balloons seem odd, but they reveal the thoroughness and dedication of Beijing’s data hounds who are not satisfied with hacking us, embedding thousands of spies in our universities and tech firms, but want that added edge with slow-motion spying on our bases and defenses.

The balloon may seem silly but it reveals a rigorous mindset that ought to be frightening.

China’s economic warfare hollowed out our economy in the same dedicated fashion, aiming low to aim high, capturing our industries from the bottom so that we laughed at all the ‘Made in China’ junk and we went on laughing until it became impossible to find anything else. No aspect of our economy was too unimportant to outsource and no angle was overlooked. Our retail sector now consists of buying American brands that are made in China from Chinese third party sellers on Amazon. Soon we’ll be buying Chinese brands on Chinese platforms like Alibaba.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/unless-we-abandon-globalism-china-will-win/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Re: Unless We Abandon Globalism, China Will Win
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2023, 01:22:17 am »
In this century, China IS going to "win".

Whether it will stay on top, who knows?

Fortunately, I'll probably be gone before either of the above happens.