Author Topic: James Clapper Claims He Didn’t Really Mean Hunter Biden’s Laptop was a Russian Plot  (Read 401 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
James Clapper Claims He Didn’t Really Mean Hunter Biden’s Laptop was a Russian Plot

“All we were doing was raising a yellow flag that this could be Russian disinformation."
February 14, 2023 by Daniel Greenfield 16 Comments

Hunter Biden’s laptop is so mainstream now that even the 50 former intel officials who falsely suggested that it was Russian disinformation are now backing away from that claim and blaming the media.

The Washington Post fact check by Glenn Kessler seems belated, but I suppose better late than never, and the fact check grudgingly exonerates the ex-intel officials, while laying the blame on Biden, as if the latter wasn’t just taking the bait that had been laid out by the “experts”.

And it features our old pal Jimmy Clapper trying to disavow the infamous letter.

https://www.frontpagemag.com/james-clapper-claims-he-didnt-really-mean-hunter-bidens-laptop-was-a-russian-plot/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
This clown is an embarrassment to the Navy! :thumbsdown:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
Such a crock.

He and every other single signatory of that letter knew perfectly well how it was being spun back then.  They saw their letter repeatedly being cited as evidence that the laptop was actual Russian disinformation, and said nothing to contradict that interpretation. They said nothing then because that's exactly what they wanted the public to think - that they believed it was Russian disinformation.

Now that the tables have turned, they're trying to hide behind a literalist interpretation of their letter to deny they ever intended anyone to think they were calling it disinformation.

Complete b.s..
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 03:10:55 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Such a crock.

He and every other single signatory of that letter knew perfectly well how it was being spun back then.  They saw their letter repeatedly being cited as evidence that the laptop was actual Russian disinformation, and said nothing to contradict that interpretation. They said nothing then because that's exactly what they wanted the public to think - that they believed it was Russian disinformation.

Now that the tables have turned, they're trying to hide behind a literalist interpretation of their letter to deny they ever intended anyone to think they were calling it disinformation.

Complete b.s..

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline DefiantMassRINO

He signed a piece of paper to affirm the opposite.

People don't put their signature on written things they believe to be bull$h!t.
Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Online mountaineer

Clapper is just like Biden: incapable of telling the truth, ever.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Clapper is just like Biden: incapable of telling the truth, ever.

:yowsa:
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
He gives new and contradictory meaning to the term "military intelligence"
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Maj. Bill Martin

• I'll make Mincemeat out of 'em"
He signed a piece of paper to affirm the opposite.

People don't put their signature on written things they believe to be bull$h!t.

If you read the letter, it never actually said the laptop was Russian disinformation.  They just said it had "all the hallmarks" of Russia disinformation.  And they added a disclaimer at the end of the letter saying that they weren't saying definitively that it was Russian disinformation.   

Of course, being intelligence types, they buried that little disclaimer deep in the letter after they knew anyone reading their letter would already have concluded that the 50 were saying it was actual disinformation.  Which is exactly what they wanted them to conclude.

They misled people deliberately so as to give themselves an out later.  Transparent as hell.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2023, 11:21:42 pm by Maj. Bill Martin »

Online Kamaji

If you read the actual.letter, it never actually said the laptop was Russian disinformation.  They just said it had all the hallmarks of disinformation.  Of course, being intelligence types, they buried that little disclaimer deep in the letter after they knew anyone reading their letter would already have concluded that the 50 were saying it was actual disinformation.

They misled people deliberately so as to give themselves an out later.  Transparent as hell.

Exactly.