Author Topic: Seven takeaways from the House GOP's first 'weaponization' hearing  (Read 132 times)

Offline corbe

Seven takeaways from the House GOP's first 'weaponization' hearing

by Sarah Westwood, Investigative Reporter
February 09, 2023 06:29 PM
 Updated Feb 10, 2023, 07:54 AM

Members of the House subcommittee on the "weaponization" of the government held their first hearing Thursday and heard from witnesses about a dizzying array of alleged abuses that could fall under the panel’s jurisdiction.

Censorship, politically motivated criminal inquiries, illegal leaks to the media, and Hunter Biden’s business dealings all emerged as points of discussion in a broader look at what, according to the panel’s Republicans, has plagued the federal government.

The hearing mostly set the stage for what to expect from the subcommittee in the months ahead rather than examining any specific allegations in detail.

An initial panel of witnesses featured Sens. Chuck Grassley (R-IA) and Ron Johnson (R-WI), former Hawaii Rep. Tulsi Gabbard, and Rep. Jamie Raskin (D-MD). A second panel included testimony from Former FBI Special Agent Thomas Baker, George Washington University law professor Jonathan Turley, Raben Group principal Elliot Williams, and former FBI Special Agent Nicole Parker.

Here are seven takeaways from the hearing.

FBI WHISTLEBLOWERS WAITING IN THE WINGS

<..snip..>

https://12ft.io/proxy?q=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.washingtonexaminer.com%2Fnews%2Fhouse%2Fseven-takeaways-house-gop-first-weaponization-hearing
No government in the 12,000 years of modern mankind history has led its people into anything but the history books with a simple lesson, don't let this happen to you.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: Seven takeaways from the House GOP's first 'weaponization' hearing
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2023, 03:14:08 pm »
Heard daily all over Washington; "I'll still be here when you are long gone Mr. Congressman!"
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien