Author Topic: EXCLUSIVE: ICE Chief Admits To Enormous Illegal Immigration Data Errors Exposed By DCNF  (Read 279 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
EXCLUSIVE: ICE Chief Admits To Enormous Illegal Immigration Data Errors Exposed By DCNF

JENNIE TAER
INVESTIGATIVE REPORTER
February 09, 2023
12:12 PM ET

The head of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) admitted to the agency’s errors in publishing incorrect data previously exposed by the Daily Caller News Foundation on illegal immigrants released into the interior of the country, according to a letter exclusively obtained by the DCNF.

“This mishap was due to an oversight and was promptly corrected once ICE became aware,” Deputy Director and Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Director Tae Johnson wrote to Republican Texas Rep. Pat Fallon Wednesday.

The DCNF earlier discovered that ICE was underreporting the number of illegal immigrants released from custody without any electronic monitoring by more than 18,000% and was underreporting the number of illegal immigrants released with GPS trackers by roughly 600%.

The head of Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE), Tae Johnson, admitted to major errors in illegal immigration data recently exposed by the Daily Caller News Foundation, according to a letter the agency sent to Republican Texas Rep. Pat Fallon obtained exclusively by the DCNF.

https://dailycaller.com/2023/02/09/immigration-and-customs-enforcement-republican-congress/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

“This mishap was due to an oversight and was promptly corrected once ICE became aware,” Deputy Director and Senior Official Performing the Duties of the Director Tae Johnson wrote to Republican Texas Rep. Pat Fallon Wednesday.

If this were true, the "oversight" would never have occurred in the first place! :nono:
« Last Edit: February 10, 2023, 02:46:42 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

Translation: "Now that soemone caught us, we'll say it was accidental, not intentional.  We'll change our story to meet the moment."
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Online Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
These weren't "data errors".
They were an intentional effort to hide the real numbers and mislead the public.