Author Topic: Brazilian drug trafficker caught, released at Arizona border arrested by ICE in Massachusetts sanctu  (Read 209 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
BOSTON Published February 9, 2023 9:19am EST
Brazilian drug trafficker caught, released at Arizona border arrested by ICE in Massachusetts sanctuary city
Diogo De-Sales Gomes is the subject of an active criminal warrant in Brazil
Danielle WallaceBy Danielle Wallace | Fox News

Fox News Flash top headlines for February 9
Fox News Flash top headlines are here. Check out what's clicking on Foxnews.com.

A convicted Brazilian drug trafficker who was caught and released by Border Patrol agents in Arizona more than a year ago was arrested by U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in a Massachusetts sanctuary city.

Fugitive operations officers with Enforcement and Removal Operations (ERO) Boston arrested Diogo De-Sales Gomes, a 34-year-old unlawfully present Brazilian citizen convicted and sentenced to prison in Brazil for drug trafficking, in Somerville on Feb. 3, ICE Boston announced in a statement on Tuesday.

The Boston Herald reported that Somerville has been a sanctuary city since 1987. Amherst, Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Concord, Newton and Northampton are also sanctuary cities to various degrees, the newspaper says.

https://www.foxnews.com/us/brazilian-drug-trafficker-caught-released-arizona-border-arrested-ice-massachusetts-sanctuary-city
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor

The Boston Herald reported that Somerville has been a sanctuary city since 1987. Amherst, Boston, Cambridge, Chelsea, Concord, Newton and Northampton are also sanctuary cities to various degrees, the newspaper says.

So, these are among the original scofflaws.  Texas, Florida, Arizona, et al, should be sending all their criminals to these smaller sanctuaries who so want them, not to places like NYC.  The citizens will be thrilled to have all those criminals running around.  :beer:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Kamaji

So, these are among the original scofflaws.  Texas, Florida, Arizona, et al, should be sending all their criminals to these smaller sanctuaries who so want them, not to places like NYC.  The citizens will be thrilled to have all those criminals running around.  :beer:

:thumbsup: