Author Topic: Dozens of Migrants Refuse to Move from Manhattan Hotel to Brooklyn Mega-Shelter  (Read 641 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Dozens of Migrants Refuse to Move from Manhattan Hotel to Brooklyn Mega-Shelter

By BRITTANY BERNSTEIN
January 30, 2023 9:23 AM
More than 50 migrants camped outside the Watson Hotel in Manhattan in protest on Sunday night as the city sought to move the single male migrants to a new shelter at the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal to make space for migrant families.

The new shelter holds as many as 1,000 single adult men and provides the same services the migrants had been receiving, city officials told the New York Post. The shelter is the fifth Humanitarian Emergency Response and Relief Center to open in the city since last year.

Several migrants went to the shelter over the weekend before returning to the hotel to sleep outside last night, saying the shelter had no heat, privacy or blankets, according to reports.

https://www.nationalreview.com/news/dozens-of-migrants-refuse-to-move-from-manhattan-hotel-to-brooklyn-mega-shelter/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Ungrateful SOBs!  Put me in charge and they'll move. :bullie pirate:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Hoodat

Why is this surprising?  Stop giving out free stuff, and see illegal immigration come to a halt.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Kamaji

Why is this surprising?  Stop giving out free stuff, and see illegal immigration come to a halt.

:thumbsup:

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Hoodat posts:
"Stop giving out free stuff, and see illegal immigration come to a halt."

Stop kidding yourself.

Many (if not most) of these people are leaving situations so bad that coming here -- even with no government handouts -- is good enough.

They aren't "going back" voluntarily.

But nearly every member of this forum isn't willing to do what it would take to MAKE them go back.

Because, to do that, you're going to have to accept this pic:

(I trust most in the forum will know where this pic was taken)

THAT'S what it's going to take.
Nothing less.

Offline berdie

Hoodat posts:
"Stop giving out free stuff, and see illegal immigration come to a halt."

Stop kidding yourself.

Many (if not most) of these people are leaving situations so bad that coming here -- even with no government handouts -- is good enough.

They aren't "going back" voluntarily.

But nearly every member of this forum isn't willing to do what it would take to MAKE them go back.

Because, to do that, you're going to have to accept this pic:

(I trust most in the forum will know where this pic was taken)

THAT'S what it's going to take.
Nothing less.

I'm assuming you remember what happened to the BP when they supposedly whipped people with the horses' reins? What is pictured will not happen.

And since I do, indeed, know the origin of the pic...I hope nothing like that ever happens. We have the means to control this...we just don't use them.

Offline berdie

Agreed. If the land of milk and honey ceases...so will the attraction. It may not be a complete halt, but it will darn sure slow things down. Heck, these people have their panties in a wad over eviction from a hotel. That should never have been in the equation to begin with.

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Photos: Migrants Refuse to Leave NYC Hotel, Demand Taxpayers Give Them ‘Permanent Homes’

John Binder 30 Jan 2023

Border crossers, who arrived in New York City on buses from Texas, are refusing to leave a luxury Manhattan hotel that city officials had placed them in.

Over the weekend, city officials sought to move migrants out of the Watson Hotel in the Hell’s Kitchen neighborhood of Manhattan and to the Brooklyn Cruise Terminal where Mayor Eric Adams has constructed a massive shelter for new arrivals.

Many of the border crossers staying at the Watson Hotel, paid for by taxpayers, are refusing to leave and have instead set up a homeless encampment outside the hotel. There, they are demanding the city “cancel rent” and provide them with “permanent homes.”

https://twitter.com/mirandadevine/status/1620104544633114624

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/30/photos-migrants-refuse-leave-nyc-hotel-demand-taxpayers-give-them-permanent-homes/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline rustynail

Good for them.  This is their land now.  They should act like it.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline Hoodat

Handcuff them, take them to pre-trial detention, charge them with illegal entry, convict them, make them serve 6 month in prison (for first offenders).  Second offenders get 2 years.  And after they serve their sentences, deport them.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Idiot

Handcuff them, take them to pre-trial detention, charge them with illegal entry, convict them, make them serve 6 month in prison (for first offenders).  Second offenders get 2 years.  And after they serve their sentences, deport them.
:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Like that's going to happen!

Offline Hoodat

:rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling: :rolling:

Like that's going to happen!

It would if I was President.

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
They need to take the males to a football field and strap them to the ground under a goal post.  Then tie piano wire around their testicles, attach them to the crossbar and tell them if they don't leave, a Navy jet will fly by with tailhook down and snag that crossbar.  I'll bet they wouldn't be able to leave fast enough. :silly:
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Idiot

They need to take the males to a football field and strap them to the ground under a goal post.  Then tie piano wire around their testicles, attach them to the crossbar and tell them if they don't leave, a Navy jet will fly by with tailhook down and snag that crossbar.  I'll bet they wouldn't be able to leave fast enough. :silly:
I was thinking you were going to say....strap them to the ground under a goal post and have the Dallas Cowboy field goal kicker try to hit them.  They'd be quite safe...lol.