Author Topic: The strange coincidence of the Offshore Wind Industry and 178 dead whales  (Read 139 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
The strange coincidence of the Offshore Wind Industry and 178 dead whales

By Jo Nova
There have been a lot of dead whales on the East Coast of the US lately. David Wojik noticed that NOAA was investigating 178 dead whales in something called an Unusual Mortality Event, or a UME — it’s like an episode of X-Files.

NOAA says this wave of strandings mysteriously started in 2016 which was before the offshore wind factory industry got going —  but Wojik points out the timing matches very well. Offshore lease sales for the wind industry ramped up 2015-16. There were nine big sales, he says, off New Jersey, New York, Delaware and Massachusetts. And not so coincidentally, apparently 2016 was also the year that NOAA started giving permission slips for whale hunts, sorry whale harrassments for “geotechnical and site characterization surveys“.

In bureaucrat-valium-lingo, the license to cause incidental dead whales is called an IHA — or an Incidental Harassment Authorization. This appears to have fooled Greenpeace.

https://joannenova.com.au/2023/01/the-strange-coincidence-of-the-offshore-wind-industry-and-178-dead-whales/?utm_source=rss&utm_medium=rss&utm_campaign=the-strange-coincidence-of-the-offshore-wind-industry-and-178-dead-whales
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
You don't suppose, do you, that money is more important than the environment for green weenies. :whistle:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson