Author Topic: You Should Mate With Short People to Fight Climate Change, Expert Says  (Read 298 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
You Should Mate With Short People to Fight Climate Change, Expert Says

Tall folks apparently suck up more precious resources.
By Tim Newcomb Published: Jan 19, 2023

An op-ed in the New York Times argues that short people can help save the planet more than tall people can.
An overall reduction in height by just 10 percent could save 87 million tons of food per year.
The logic: When catastrophe strikes, the fewer resources you need, the longer you’ll survive.

In a New York Times op-ed, author Mara Altman lays out several benefits of being small, but none bigger than this one: The shorter you are, the more you’ll help save the planet from peril.

Altman highlights the calculations of the researcher Thomas Samaras, who once estimated that if all citizens of the United State were just 10 percent shorter, and with our same proportions, we’d save 87 million tons of food per year. And that’s just the food.

In short, size matters. If you’re naturally smaller, logic dictates that you’ll use up fewer precious resources, and you’re better suited for long-term survival than your taller counterparts. Mating with someone short, then, may help your kids’ chances at survival, and their kids’ chances, and, well, you get the point.

more
https://www.popularmechanics.com/science/health/a42557303/benefits-of-being-short-fight-climate-change/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online rustynail

Re: You Should Mate With Short People to Fight Climate Change, Expert Says
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 07:40:01 pm »
Biden invites the Pygmy Peoples to fulfill their destinies.

Online DefiantMassRINO

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 08:06:02 pm »
So Global Change Cultists are now height-shaming people?

Short people can still be morbidly obese.  There's no guarantee of a net food calorie savings.

Short people live longer, which means a short person still has the potential to consume more than a tall person during their lifespan.

Self-Anointed Deplorable Expert Chowderhead Pundit
I reserve my God-given rights to be wrong and to be stupid at all times.

"If at first you don’t succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried." - Steven Wright

Comrades, I swear on Trump's soul that I am not working from a CIA troll farm in Kiev.

Offline aligncare

« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 08:14:46 pm »
I guess short people gotta a reason to live after all!  Thank goodness for “small” favors.   :0012:

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 08:31:07 pm »
I like "Spinners" 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.