Author Topic: Feds: Sanctuary City Boston Shielded over 100 Criminal Illegal Aliens from Deportation Last Year  (Read 229 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Feds: Sanctuary City Boston Shielded over 100 Criminal Illegal Aliens from Deportation Last Year

JOHN BINDER16 Jan 2023104

The sanctuary city of Boston, Massachusetts shielded more than 100 criminal illegal aliens from arrest and deportation by the Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) last year, new figures reveal.

Since 2014, Boston has imposed a sanctuary city policy that bans cooperation between law enforcement and ICE agents — effectively ensuring that illegal aliens arrested on local criminal charges are freed back into the community rather than being turned over to the agency.

Under the direction of Mayor Michelle Wu (D), Boston’s sanctuary city policy allowed more than 100 criminal illegal aliens to evade arrest and deportation by ICE agents last year, figures published by Sean Cotter at the Boston Herald show.

Initially, Boston officials claimed that only 12 criminal illegal aliens had been shielded from arrest and deportation in all of 2022 but ICE officials refuted that figure, offering their own and detailing how the city’s law enforcement continues to refuse to work with the agency.

“When law enforcement agencies fail to honor immigration detainers and release serious criminal offenders onto the streets, it undermines ERO’s ability to protect public safety and carry out its mission,” officials with ICE Boston told the Boston Herald.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2023/01/16/feds-sanctuary-city-boston-shielded-over-100-criminal-illegal-aliens-from-deportation-last-year/
« Last Edit: January 17, 2023, 03:01:11 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline DefiantMassRINO

I'm surprise the number is so low.
"It doesn't matter what temperature the room is, it's always room temperature." - Steven Wright

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I don't agree with this "sanctuary" crap to begin with, but flat out don't understand why these liberal dipsh*ts want to protect criminals?  Why are they so dedicated to these deadbeats now but screamed for the blood of the Boston Marathon bombers?  I just don't understand. :shrug:
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson