Author Topic: Vital Energy Lessons for Virginia and America  (Read 123 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Vital Energy Lessons for Virginia and America
« on: January 10, 2023, 03:00:20 pm »
CLIMATE ECONOMICSCLIMATE POLITICS
Vital Energy Lessons for Virginia and America

12 hours ago Guest Blogger 17 Comments
Legislators shouldn’t Californicate Virginia or America on EVs and Green Energy

Paul Driessen       

When they open their 30-day session January 11, Virginia’s Senate and House of Delegates must correct some serious energy mistakes they made two years ago, when Democrats controlled nearly the entire state government and passed the “Virginia Clean Economy Act.”

One of its party-line provisions requires that Virginia adopt California’s requirement that only low emission vehicles (LEVs) be sold by model year 2025 and only zero emission vehicles (ZEVs) by MY 2035. That means in barely twelve years only new electric vehicles (EVs) could be sold in Virginia.

Again, mimicking California, in addition to EVs, the VCEA also requires a massive shift from affordable, reliable coal and natural gas-generated electricity to expensive, weather-dependent, land-intensive wind and solar electricity, stabilized and backed up by huge batteries.

https://wattsupwiththat.com/2023/01/09/vital-energy-lessons-for-virginia-and-america/
« Last Edit: January 10, 2023, 03:01:32 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson