Author Topic: 'Struggling' Chicago residents outraged over Lori Lightfoot's decision to house migrants: 'Help my o  (Read 286 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
CHICAGO Published January 6, 2023 6:29pm EST
'Struggling' Chicago residents outraged over Lori Lightfoot's decision to house migrants: 'Help my own first'

Chicago residents say the city providing resources to the migrants is a 'slap in the face'
Sarah RumpfBy Sarah Rumpf | Fox News

Residents of Chicago’s Woodlawn neighborhood protest shelter for migrants
A group of Woodlawn residents gathered Thursday morning to insist the community provide resources for locals in Chicago rather than the migrants.

Residents in a Chicago neighborhood are protesting the city's plans to establish a migrant shelter inside a closed-down elementary school, sharing that they feel "blindsided" by Mayor Lori Lightfoot's decision.

Lightfoot’s administration has for months planned to house migrants at a vacant building formerly home to Wadsworth Elementary School, 6420 S. University Ave. in Woodlawn.

A group of Woodlawn neighborhood residents gathered Thursday morning to insist that the Chicago government provide resources for locals rather than the migrants.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/struggling-chicago-residents-outraged-lori-lightfoots-decision-house-migrants-help-own-first
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 06:26:40 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Are some blacks starting to realize democrats really care about them except as pawns in the congressional power struggle and they don't matter now that democrats have another group to use?
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher

Just a suggestion to the good folks of Chi-town.   :cool:
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Offline Hoodat

'Struggling' Chicago residents outraged over Lori Lightfoot's decision to house migrants

But this is what you voted for.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-