Author Topic: New York Times: ‘There Has Never Been a Better Time to Be Short’ – ‘Mate with shorter people’ for ‘a  (Read 1639 times)

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
You're mostly right - But brute force first. The establishment of safety, security comes from a particular kind. Thereafter, eggheads and women can thrive.

@roamer_1

Not unless you know the proper way to APPLY that brute force.

Most people don't.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Are they trying to get short men to mate with tall women or vice versa? Cause I've never heard guys turn down short women. Most guys don't care.

I started out 5'10" i'm now down to 5'8". I'll probably be 3 feet tall by the time i'm 80.

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Works for me! I was a paratrooper, so I am not afraid to climb heights.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Oddly, and I know this is kinda anecdotal... But it seems like great big (tall, muscular) guys get all the teeny tiny women.... I was big and wide shouldered in my day, and most of my girlfriends were under 5'8 Many under 5'1.

The tall gals, who would LOVE to go out with a monster guy, but usually get stuck with the average guy and fight the height thing all the way along

And the little bitty dudes ... The little wild-eyed spring steel and rawhide ones... They always have the supersize fat chicks.... And that is their preference.

Don't ask me why...  :shrug:

@roamer_1

THEY are PRECISELY the one you need to avoid pissing off and starting a fight with. I don't know why this is true,but it seems to me like those boys just don't have a back-up button on them,and you damn near have to kill one to get away from them.

And if you DO manage to knock one of these adreneline-powered skinny boys out,you damn sure need to get away before he becomes conscious again because you are in for "Round Two" if he can find you once he gets back on his feet.

I have no freaking idea where all that strength and determination comes from,but they have it.

Online roamer_1

A basic truth of life is that it is drunken Biden-heads that start fights,and they are ALWAYS looking for someone smaller,weaker,and more drunken than they are.

@sneakypete
Nope. I am likely to always be the biggest guy in the bar. Not always tallest, but close, and generally always widest... Thickest neck, biggest guns,and thighs... Nobody beat me in real strength...

And I quit going to bars altogether because I was sick to death of always getting in fights, because of folks picking the biggest guy in the room. Every bar I went into, I got challenged. Regular as clockwork.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

THEY are PRECISELY the one you need to avoid pissing off and starting a fight with. I don't know why this is true,but it seems to me like those boys just don't have a back-up button on them,and you damn near have to kill one to get away from them.

And if you DO manage to knock one of these adreneline-powered skinny boys out,you damn sure need to get away before he becomes conscious again because you are in for "Round Two" if he can find you once he gets back on his feet.

I have no freaking idea where all that strength and determination comes from,but they have it.

Like I said upthread @sneakypete , I tend toward a little guy as a best friend... I know all about it. And besides, I can toss em like a guided missile.  :laugh: :beer:

Online DB

@roamer_1

Most people don't.

Remember that "with all other things being nearly equal" part??? Nothing prevents the bigger guy from knowing how to apply it. And drunk is not at all optimal for fighting for survival. It's just stupid being a thug.

Online roamer_1

@roamer_1

Most people don't.

@sneakypete
I was thinking more of warlords than speaking to individuals.
If SHTF, it's the fighting type that establishes a safe zone through strength.
Warlords or chieftains in a feudal environment...

Once that is established, there is a place for the weak to survive.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Remember that "with all other things being nearly equal" part??? Nothing prevents the bigger guy from knowing how to apply it. And drunk is not at all optimal for fighting for survival. It's just stupid being a thug.

@DB

That is one of the most prominent truths,and size,age,strength,etc,etc,etc makes no difference.

Hell,even thugs know this. It's why they always travel in packs,and generally speaking,they are dumber than dirt.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Ranged weapons sorta take care of size advantage with some exceptions.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
@sneakypete
I was thinking more of warlords than speaking to individuals.
If SHTF, it's the fighting type that establishes a safe zone through strength.
Warlords or chieftains in a feudal environment...

Once that is established, there is a place for the weak to survive.

@roamer_1

True,but I have known and been friends with more than a few "professional warriors" in my life,and it is really rare to find one that goes out looking for trouble,or even one that is quick to anger. NEVER seen one actually start a fight,or even get pushy with someone talking trash. If the goober hassling one ever throws a punch or pulls a weapon,it is "Game ON!",though,and most people just ain't ready for the level of violence these people can inflict on you if you insist on being stupid.

Which is probably good thing for any goober that might have tried to start something with them.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
We were talking about people. Not other animals. And when actual survival is at stake it comes down to brute force.

@DB
No,it comes down to the size of your army,their skill with arms/their training,and their tactics.

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
I was a teacher of the severely emotionally disturbed and I once had a smaller student try to impress me with saying he always figured the bigger people were, the harder they fell.  I am not a small person.  I told him I figured the smaller they were the farther they flew.  No more challenge. :poohappen:
« Last Edit: January 07, 2023, 06:59:28 pm by rangerrebew »
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
If one wants to limit one's self to brute force, sure.  But life is not limited to brute force, and things are almost always not "near equal".  Human hunting parties taking down large targets, like mammoths, demonstrates the fallacy of "bigger is always better".

Same goes for asymmetric warfare between human groups.
Oh Yeah?

Well, if humans didn't gang up on just one mammoth, it'd be a different story.

Go one on one and someone is gonna get squished!

(humans don't fight fair!) :laugh:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline GtHawk

• I don't believe in Trump anymore, he's an illusion
@GtHawk

I actually got into  a few bar fights because of that song.

Some drunken goober would try to pick me up to talk to me,and it would be "Game ON!"
The world has never had a shortage of stupid people :silly:

Offline Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
The world has never had a shortage of stupid people :silly:

Yup.   But, short people are entertaining. 
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.