Author Topic: Republicans rethink abortion strategy after bruising midterms  (Read 4457 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline deb

• Sinner saved by grace.
Re: Republicans rethink abortion strategy after bruising midterms
« Reply #76 on: December 30, 2022, 10:54:53 pm »
If you ever want to see the true nature of abortion, watch the movie “Gosnell”.
Brothers, sisters, come on down to that river
Guaranteed you'll never be the same
There's a fountain flowing from the heart of the Savior
Bring your sins and all your guilty stains
Let that river of life wash it all away

River of Life - Mac Powell

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
« Reply #77 on: December 30, 2022, 10:59:26 pm »
I hope that the national party takes only one position on abortion: it is a state matter.  There should be no federal regulation in this area, period.
Precisely.  :beer:
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Online roamer_1

« Reply #78 on: December 31, 2022, 04:18:39 am »
Nope.

Carry on.   :seeya:

YEP. Your argument is with Yah, not with me. There is no way abortion is justified in his eyes... Of course you would have to have accessed apocryphal and pseudepigraphal texts to see the whole of it - In the beginning, one of the things taught by the Fallen was teaching women how to have abortions in their wombs... And prophetically, one of the hallmarks of the end times, proving the decadence and outright evil of society is the same - Enoch, as an instance, specifically enumerates abortion, showing that even the women have lost their way in the most natural thing they alone are hard-wired for.

And the occult confirms. If you better understood the spiritual power they get from blood sacrifice, and their heady encouragement of abortion in that use, I think you would change your mind.

Because in the end, that is what this is. An evil sacrifice.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2022, 04:19:26 am by roamer_1 »

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #79 on: December 31, 2022, 05:09:03 am »
YEP. Your argument is with Yah, not with me.

Nope.  It's with you.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #80 on: January 01, 2023, 02:46:01 am »
I hope that the national party takes only one position on abortion: it is a state matter.  There should be no federal regulation in this area, period.

:thumbsup:
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline The_Reader_David

« Reply #81 on: January 01, 2023, 02:53:01 am »
That word 'mother'.  I think it means something different to you than it does to me.

But if pregnancy is really a threat to "physical health and life", then why is a woman choosing to allow a man to ejaculate inside of her, knowing that it will lead to pregnancy?  Isn't that her deciding to exercise control over her body?

Sometimes the circumstance that makes continuing a pregnancy a threat to the life of the mother arises during the pregnancy.

Once one views a human embryo as a complete human being with a right to life, one faces the problem of how to handle ectopic pregnancies:  allow the embryo to continue growing and both child and mother die.  Thus the standard treatment, carried out even in hospitals run by the Roman Catholic Church, is to remove the embryo from the mother's fallopian tube, killing the child to save the mother's life, rather than letting both die.

There are far, far rarer circumstances in which a pregnancy properly situated in the mother's womb presents a similar threat to life.
In these circumstances, the abortion is in the nature of the defense of innocent life, namely the mother's.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #82 on: January 01, 2023, 03:41:59 am »
Sometimes the circumstance that makes continuing a pregnancy a threat to the life of the mother arises during the pregnancy.

Once one views a human embryo as a complete human being with a right to life, one faces the problem of how to handle ectopic pregnancies:  allow the embryo to continue growing and both child and mother die.

In other words, a fetus will not survive a ectopic pregnancy.  But then again, it is up to the citizens of each State through their legislatures to enact their own laws regarding abortion.

Also, ectopic abortions represent a very small percentage of the total number of abortions.  So using them as an excuse to legalize all abortion is disingenuous.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 03:43:57 am by Hoodat »
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Online roamer_1

« Reply #83 on: January 01, 2023, 04:20:32 am »

I know of no one - No matter how far to the right you go - No one objects to abortion in the face of a true risk to the life of the mother, especially if the life of the child will be lost anyway. No one. That is not the argument.

The argument comes when the 'life of the mother' exception is abused - And it has been abused extensively - to where 'welfare of the mother 'comes to include hardship, or psychological well being... And next thing you know, it means anything at all, and nothing at all... and the exception becomes a rubber stamp.

Likewise the incest and rape clause. While I am generally against this exception, as enumerated elsewhere on this thread, I would be willing to entertain the idea in the case of true rape and incest. But again, that is not where it goes. If all a woman has to do is declare rape, with no criminal investigation, nothing but her word on the matter, then again the exception becomes a rubber stamp.

Despite the whining and crying and throwing dirt in the air, it is not a matter of compassion, but rather a matter of abuse of law... and the two exceptions becoming the very means of allowance. And we are right back to abortion as birth control.

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #84 on: January 01, 2023, 04:47:42 am »
I know of no one - No matter how far to the right you go - No one objects to abortion in the face of a true risk to the life of the mother, especially if the life of the child will be lost anyway. No one. That is not the argument.

The argument comes when the 'life of the mother' exception is abused - And it has been abused extensively - to where 'welfare of the mother 'comes to include hardship, or psychological well being... And next thing you know, it means anything at all, and nothing at all... and the exception becomes a rubber stamp.

Likewise the incest and rape clause. While I am generally against this exception, as enumerated elsewhere on this thread, I would be willing to entertain the idea in the case of true rape and incest. But again, that is not where it goes. If all a woman has to do is declare rape, with no criminal investigation, nothing but her word on the matter, then again the exception becomes a rubber stamp.

Despite the whining and crying and throwing dirt in the air, it is not a matter of compassion, but rather a matter of abuse of law... and the two exceptions becoming the very means of allowance. And we are right back to abortion as birth control.
^THIS^
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #85 on: January 01, 2023, 05:15:29 am »

It is a moral equivalence fallacy.  The argument comes down to anyone who opposes abortion wants women to die.  It's complete BS.  But that is essentially what they are saying.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #86 on: January 01, 2023, 06:33:45 am »
It is a moral equivalence fallacy.  The argument comes down to anyone who opposes abortion wants women to die.  It's complete BS.  But that is essentially what they are saying.
Well, they lie.

Besides, anyone who promotes abortion definitely wants babies to die, and that is what they are trying to draw scrutiny from.

In genuine cases where the life of the mother is in physical peril, and the baby will die anyway, OK.

In the instance of rape or incest, however, the one undeniably innocent party is the one people are calling for getting the death penalty. I cannot support that.

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

« Reply #87 on: January 01, 2023, 08:31:55 pm »
I know of no one - No matter how far to the right you go - No one objects to abortion in the face of a true risk to the life of the mother .....

The argument comes when the 'life of the mother' exception is abused ....

Likewise the incest and rape clause. While I am generally against this exception, I would be willing to entertain the idea in the case of true rape and incest.

Do you hear yourself??    You're making the strongest case yet for the execution of sperm donors às the best way to end future abortions.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #88 on: January 01, 2023, 08:57:25 pm »
Do you hear yourself??    You're making the strongest case yet for the execution of sperm donors às the best way to end future abortions.

Do you hear yourself? Once again the woman is absolved of responsibility and someone else gets to die.

I already said that in cases of rape I would personally pull the trigger against the convicted - That is a criminal manner, and a wholly different story.

But in the case of two consenting adults, rather the result is levied upon BOTH. BOTH chose to fornicate outside of the bonds of marriage. BOTH should be made to own up to the consequences.

As I said, historically that is done by marriage. But if you are so bound and determined to kill people, then the consequences should fall equally.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #89 on: January 01, 2023, 09:12:17 pm »

That may be the stupidest statement you have ever posted on this forum.

« Reply #90 on: January 01, 2023, 09:14:15 pm »
But in the case of two consenting adults, rather the result is levied upon BOTH. BOTH chose to fornicate outside of the bonds of marriage. BOTH should be made to own up to the consequences.

What the hell does this   :bs:  have to do with the victims of rape and incest?

« Reply #91 on: January 01, 2023, 09:23:06 pm »
That may be the stupidest statement you have ever posted on this forum.

That you're reading every one of my posts on this forum is a bit disturbing .......   :whistle:

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #92 on: January 01, 2023, 09:26:50 pm »
That you're reading every one of my posts on this forum is a bit disturbing .......   :whistle:

OK, I stand corrected.  Among the posts of yours that I have read, that one may be the stupidest.  There may be posts of yours here that are stupider, but I haven't read them.

« Reply #93 on: January 01, 2023, 09:33:32 pm »
OK, I stand corrected.  Among the posts of yours that I have read, that one may be the stupidest.  There may be posts of yours here that are stupider, but I haven't read them.

88devil   

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #94 on: January 01, 2023, 10:41:06 pm »
Because justice is not politics! And never should be!

Again, as pro-life as I am, I also know that politcal cover that was given to the left by this act during the last election, may (is) be giving Joe Biden and his minions the green light to destroy every aspect of this nation in terms of economy, border security, and overall moral fiber.

I am afraid we are in a "seeing the forrest for the trees" scenario.  Think justice is being exploited now?  Just wait if the destruction continues via political degradation shiving left leaning laws, regulations, and mandates down our throats.......... And that destructuon is and has beeb  helped along via a well strategized wedge issues.
« Last Edit: January 01, 2023, 10:42:28 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #95 on: January 02, 2023, 02:06:35 am »
What the hell does this   :bs:  have to do with the victims of rape and incest?

No we're not. I already said, over and over, I would kill a rapist myself.
That pretty well takes it off the table (since way back in the thread).

The rapist is guilty. The child is not.

« Reply #96 on: January 02, 2023, 08:31:14 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

The real question is who told Lindsey Graham to publicly push for a federal abortion ban in the middle of a close election

12:08 PM · Jan 2, 2023

« Reply #97 on: January 02, 2023, 08:37:24 pm »
Yossi Gestetner
@YossiGestetner

Trump writes that "the people that pushed so hard, for decades, against abortion, got their wish from the U.S. Supreme Court, JUST PLAIN DISAPPEARED NOT TO BE SEEN AGAIN."

A graph on abortion ad spending.👇🏼

Not only did Dems outspend, but note the GOP drop off after the ruling!

11:12 AM · Jan 2, 2023

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
« Reply #98 on: January 02, 2023, 08:52:22 pm »
Jack Posobiec
@JackPosobiec

The real question is who told Lindsey Graham to publicly push for a federal abortion ban in the middle of a close election

12:08 PM · Jan 2, 2023

Mitch, obviously.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed:

Offline Smokin Joe

« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2023, 09:52:19 am »
Execution? Don't be silly.
Who would take the trash out?
Some well placed sutures could accomplish the same thing. :tongue2:

C S Lewis