Author Topic: Gaetz presses Jordan to go after Speaker job  (Read 283 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Gaetz presses Jordan to go after Speaker job
« on: December 27, 2022, 02:58:44 pm »
Gaetz presses Jordan to go after Speaker job
by Brad Dress - 12/26/22 9:24 AM ET

Rep. Matt Gaetz (Fla.) said over the weekend that his Christmas wish is for his Republican colleague, Jim Jordan (Ohio), to run to be the next Speaker of the House.

“All I want for Christmas is @Jim_Jordan to realize he should be Speaker of the House!” Gaetz wrote in a Saturday tweet.

Gaetz, who has repeatedly spoken out against House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R-Calif.) taking up the Speaker’s gavel, followed up that tweet with another on Sunday asking his followers to encourage Jordan to run for top House spot.

The Florida lawmaker has previously supported Jordan for the post, telling Fox News in August that Jordan was the “hardest-working” and the “most talented member” in his more conservative base.

Jordan, who will chair the House Judiciary Committee when the GOP assumes the majority next month, has not announced plans to run for the leadership post.

more
https://thehill.com/homenews/house/3788521-gaetz-presses-jordan-to-go-after-speaker-job/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
Re: Gaetz presses Jordan to go after Speaker job
« Reply #1 on: December 27, 2022, 03:34:44 pm »
Jordan sadly knows and understands that upsetting the GOP MCC capitulation squish team (-onnell -arthy) is political suicide.

At this point Gaetz has few choices left, and needs to plan to fight another day.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
« Reply #2 on: December 27, 2022, 03:46:29 pm »
I could live with Jordan.

We aren't going to get any legislation passed, but there needs to be massive investigations and exposure.

Somebody up there needs to acquire some massive stones.
The Republic is lost.

Offline bilo

« Reply #3 on: December 27, 2022, 04:15:01 pm »
I could live with Jordan.

We aren't going to get any legislation passed, but there needs to be massive investigations and exposure.

Somebody up there needs to acquire some massive stones.

I think he would be a good pick as well.
A stranger in a hostile foreign land I used to call home