Author Topic: Zelensky visiting DC on Wednesday - developing  (Read 3512 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Re: Zelensky visiting DC on Wednesday - developing
« Reply #25 on: December 21, 2022, 10:41:37 pm »
Pelosi Compares Zelensky Addressing Congress to Churchill Asking America to Join WWII

Outgoing House Speaker Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) compared Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky’s address to Congress to when former Prime Minister of the United Kingdom Winston Churchill’s 1941 address asked the United States to go to war with Europe.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/21/pelosi-compares-zelensky-addressing-congress-churchill-asking-america-join-wwii/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #26 on: December 21, 2022, 10:45:08 pm »
That's a very good analogy since Putin and Russia now represent a World War II-level of evil in Europe, and are a direct threat to the U.S.
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Timber Rattler

• Conservative Purist and Patriot
« Reply #27 on: December 21, 2022, 10:53:58 pm »
Who said anything about surrendering to Russia????

This isn't our war.  The Ukraine/Russia war has been on going. There have been many posts with links provided to give the background and history of these countries and the war(s) between them.

Oh, it very much is our war.

Let's start here on the history:

Why care about Ukraine and the Budapest Memorandum

https://www.brookings.edu/blog/order-from-chaos/2019/12/05/why-care-about-ukraine-and-the-budapest-memorandum/

"In the 1994 Budapest Memorandum, the United States, Russia, and Britain committed “to respect the independence and sovereignty and the existing borders of Ukraine” and “to refrain from the threat or use of force” against the country. Those assurances played a key role in persuading the Ukrainian government in Kyiv to give up what amounted to the world’s third largest nuclear arsenal, consisting of some 1,900 strategic nuclear warheads."

The U.S. committed itself to defending Ukraine in 1994 if it would give up its nukes.  The Ukrainians accepted that deal, which the Russians broke in 2014, and again in February 2022.

So yeah, we're responsible for backing up our promises with action. 
aka "nasty degenerate SOB," "worst of the worst at Free Republic," "Garbage Troll," "Neocon Warmonger," "Filthy Piece of Trash," "damn $#%$#@!," "Silly f'er," "POS," "war pig," "neocon scumbag," "insignificant little ankle nipper," "@ss-clown," "neocuck," "termite," "Uniparty Deep stater," "Never Trump sack of dog feces," "avid Bidenista," "filthy Ukrainian," "war whore," "fricking chump," psychopathic POS, and depraved SOB.

"In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act."  ---George Orwell

"If you want peace, prepare for war." ---Flavius Vegetius Renatus

Offline Idiot

« Reply #28 on: December 21, 2022, 11:37:41 pm »
What could possibly go wrong getting in bed with Ukraine, with Russia having a sh#t load of nukes aimed at us?

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #29 on: December 22, 2022, 12:01:04 am »
December 21, 2022 5:25pm EST
Zelenskyy’s message to Americans: ‘I really want to win together’
'I came here in the U.S. to thank the people of America,' Zelenskyy said

By Patrick Hauf | Fox News

Ukranian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy on Wednesday thanked the U.S. for its support for his country and said he wants Americans to keep working together to defeat Russia's aspirations to control his country.

"I wish you peace," Zelenskyy said in a White House press briefing with President Biden when asked what he wants to say to Americans.

"And, of course, to be together with us … because we really fight for our common victory against this tyranny. That is real life. And we will win, and I really want to win together. Not ‘want.' Sorry. I am sure."

Biden invited Zelenskyy to Washington and announced at the White House that another military aid package worth about $2 billion would be headed toward Ukraine, including a defensive Patriot missile battery. Zelenskyy thanked Biden for that aid and said more would be appreciated.

"After that, we will send another signal to President Biden that we would like to get more Patriots," he said.

The visit marks Zelenskyy's first trip outside Ukraine since Russia invaded his country in February, and he used it to help maintain support for U.S. aid to Ukraine's defensive effort.

"I came here in the U.S. to thank the people of America — people who do so much for Ukraine," Zelenskyy said.

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/zelenskyys-message-americans-really-want-win-together
Support the USO

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #30 on: December 22, 2022, 12:12:20 am »
What could possibly go wrong getting in bed with Ukraine, with Russia having a sh#t load of nukes aimed at us?

:bingo:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
« Reply #31 on: December 22, 2022, 12:16:15 am »
If Congress continues to give Zelensky more money, all it's going to do is prolong the war, resulting in ever-larger portions of Ukraine destroyed until they finally are forced to the negotiating table and grant Russia the same land that it demanded before the war began.

Want things to be over quickly?
Then send Z home with a dozen B61's.
As Butch said to Sundance during the train robbery, "that oughta do it!"

Offline Elderberry

• TBR Contributor
« Reply #32 on: December 22, 2022, 12:21:36 am »

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #34 on: December 22, 2022, 02:03:25 am »
"Tucker Carlson’s *perfect* introduction to “President Zelensky” addressing congress to demand more of your money. Savage.'  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1605739322224828416

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #35 on: December 22, 2022, 02:07:07 am »
December 21, 2022 8:41pm EST
Zelenskyy makes direct appeal to GOP critics, arguing no country is safe if Ukraine falters

Zelenskyy urged Congress to keep supporting Ukraine

By Haris Alic | Fox News

Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskyy made a direct appeal to Republican critics during his Wednesday address to a joint meeting of Congress, telling lawmakers that no country was safe in the face of Russian aggression.

In a speech that won several standing ovations from both sides of the aisle, Zelenskyy predicted the war will hit a turning point next year just as Republicans are set to take control of the U.S. House of Representatives.

"The struggle will define in what world our children and grandchildren will live," said Zelenskyy. "This battle cannot be frozen or postponed, it cannot be ignored hoping that [an] ocean or something else will provide protection."

The Ukrainian president said the world is "too interconnected and interdependent" for the U.S. to "stand aside and at the same time feel safe when such a battle continues."

more
https://www.foxnews.com/politics/zelensky-makes-direct-appeal-gop-critics-arguing-no-country-is-safe-if-ukraine-falters

Support the USO

« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2022, 02:07:52 am »
Benny Johnson
@bennyjohnson

This image sums up America in 2022

Our leaders aren’t fighting for you, they’re fighting for globalism and sending your money overseas to fund a foreign war.

When will we start putting America First again?

8:20 PM · Dec 21, 2022

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2022, 02:09:49 am »
I wonder who set this trip up.... :pondering:

I am guessing Biden's admin..to pressure the Repubs to finance Zelenskyy with his address to Congress..
Support the USO

« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2022, 02:11:21 am »
 pointing-down

"Tucker Carlson: Zelensky shows up to DC looking like a strip club manager and demanding money. Our aging leadership class will give him billions from our crumbling economy"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1605745109475082240

« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 02:13:16 am by Right_in_Virginia »

« Reply #39 on: December 22, 2022, 02:22:57 am »
"The Washington D.C. elites’ chosen one has arrived."  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1605727046218514435

« Reply #40 on: December 22, 2022, 02:28:23 am »
Greg Price
@greg_price11

We’re literally having a money laundering foreigner do a whole ass State of the Union address

7:53 PM · Dec 21, 2022

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #41 on: December 22, 2022, 02:29:02 am »
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #42 on: December 22, 2022, 02:31:20 am »
pointing-down

"Tucker Carlson: Zelensky shows up to DC looking like a strip club manager and demanding money. Our aging leadership class will give him billions from our crumbling economy"  (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/bennyjohnson/status/1605745109475082240

I watched the first 5 minutes or so -- Why was he given the American flag and why oh why was Pelosi bowing to him? I couldn't watch anymore. 

I am more confident than ever that WWIII is very close. 

Offline LMAO

I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #44 on: December 22, 2022, 02:34:54 am »
Lol

Anyone know now how much money we've given this SOB?  :soangry:

« Reply #45 on: December 22, 2022, 02:36:20 am »
Reporter: "Ukraine desperately needs more capabilities including long range missiles. Can we make long story short and give Ukraine all capabilities it needs?"

Biden: "His answer is yes"

Zelensky: "I agree."    (Video)

https://mobile.twitter.com/greg_price11/status/1605691296273793024

Offline mountaineer

« Reply #46 on: December 22, 2022, 02:37:49 am »
Anyone know now how much money we've given this SOB?  :soangry:
Aren't we up to $100 billion?
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
« Reply #47 on: December 22, 2022, 02:40:17 am »
Aren't we up to $100 billion?

Yes..I saw that today..

Do we have any weapons left for our own defense???
Support the USO

« Reply #48 on: December 22, 2022, 02:40:39 am »
I wonder who set this trip up.... :pondering:

I am guessing Biden's admin..to pressure the Repubs to finance Zelenskyy with his address to Congress..

I don't think the Republicans need to be "pressured".  I'm starting to think the Congress really loves proving they don't give a damn what Americans think.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
« Reply #49 on: December 22, 2022, 02:43:07 am »
I don't think the Republicans need to be "pressured".  I'm starting to think the Congress really loves proving they don't give a damn what Americans think.

You've got that right -- pretty much all 535 members of Congress don't give a flying flip what we think.