Author Topic: FBI Bigwig Quietly Steps Down Just Before New Congress Probes Begin  (Read 173 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
FBI Bigwig Quietly Steps Down Just Before New Congress Probes Begin
By Kevin Downey Jr. 3:42 PM on December 08, 2022

Leaving big-league politics is a lot like comedy: It’s all about timing.

FBI master-blaster Steven D’Antuono, the top official at the Washington, D.C., FBI office, quietly announced via his LinkedIn page that he had left the Bureau the day before.

“After a 26-year, 10-month career with the FBI, I chose to retire,” D’Antuono stated. “Yesterday was my last day.”

No warning? No Glen Deveron and Montecristo send-off? Huh.

BRAG-O-RAMA! I currently have some Glen Deveron Scotch and one Montecristo cigar, both of which were gifts. I can’t afford those things.

D’Antuono claims he decided to end his career to “spend more time with family.” His decision comes — coincidentally — as the new, Republican-led House of Representatives has promised to give the FBI a much-needed enema.

Republicans from the House Judiciary Committee have named D’Antuono and eight other FBI bigwigs as people who have some prompt ‘splainin’ to do.

In addition, to advance our oversight, we require prompt testimony from FBI employees. We expect your unfettered cooperation in arranging for the Committee to receive testimony from FBI employees. As an initial matter, we anticipate requiring testimony from the following employees, either in hearings or transcribed interviews, early in the 118th Congress:

1. Christopher A. Wray, Director;
    2. Paul Abbate, Deputy Director;
    3. Timothy Langan, Executive Assistant Director, Criminal, Cyber, Response, and
    Services Branch;
    4. Jennifer L. Moore, Executive Assistant Director, Human Resources Branch;
    5. Steven M. D’Antuono, Assistant Director in Charge, Washington Field Office;
    6. Carlton L. Peeples, Deputy Assistant Director, Criminal Investigative Division;
    7. Kevin Vorndran, Deputy Assistant Director, Counterterrorism Division;
    8. Laura Dehmlow, Section Chief, Foreign Influence Task Force; and
    9. Elvis Chan, Special Agent, San Francisco Field Office.

The letter also states that FBI Director Wray has not been forthcoming in regard to congressional hearings involving the FBI, and it fires a shot across Wray’s bow:

To date, you have ignored these requests, or you have failed to respond sufficiently. Please be aware that if our requests remain outstanding at the beginning of the 118th Congress, the Committee may be forced to resort to compulsory process to obtain the material we require.

more
https://pjmedia.com/news-and-politics/kevindowneyjr/2022/12/08/fbi-bigwig-quietly-steps-down-just-before-new-congress-probes-begin-n1651924
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34