Author Topic: LIZ PEEK: Herschel Walker just wrote Donald Trump's political obituary  (Read 12034 times)

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Re: LIZ PEEK: Herschel Walker just wrote Donald Trump's political obituary
« Reply #150 on: December 11, 2022, 02:49:40 am »

The only bus that matters is conservatism. That's what I signed up for. And when Republicans threw it away, I walked off. For cause.

I didn't leave the Republicans. The Republicans left me.

And that changes what exactly? WRT the big picture.
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline catfish1957

• Laken Riley.... Say her Name. And to every past and future democrat voter- Her blood is on your hands too!!!
  • Political Researcher
« Reply #151 on: December 11, 2022, 02:55:18 am »
Yes... And as always with faux-conservative movements... the demand to recognize that THEY carry the conservative mantle and get to define and change it.  *****rollingeyes*****

I am wondering how the Trump faction is going to rationalize his actions, if and when he declares 3rd party candidacy after losing the nomination process.  His narcissism is that far and wide.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #152 on: December 11, 2022, 02:55:22 am »
And that changes what exactly? WRT the big picture.

Everything. Conservatism is the cure. Why should I support any other?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #153 on: December 11, 2022, 03:03:11 am »
I am wondering how the Trump faction is going to rationalize his actions, if and when he declares 3rd party candidacy after losing the nomination process.  His narcissism is that far and wide.

They will follow wherever he goes.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

« Reply #154 on: December 11, 2022, 03:05:44 am »
Don't know who you're pointing at @Right_in_Virginia ... There's maybe 5 conservatives in the senate, and pushing 40 in the House. And none in media. But then that was not the focus either. TEA focused on the roots. If you are looking for Conservatism, look in counties and state houses. TEA never made it to the nationals. Because MurderTurdle and Tumpy.

I don't care that "conservatives" are a minority in Congress.  Five united in a legislative strategy cross coordinated with Conservatives in the House could make the difference considering the makeup of the incoming Congress.   A united message would be a refreshing change, too.  They're not powerless.

As for the TEA Party, yup, the IRS and McConnell disbanded the loosely knit coalition and the members languished waiting for a second chance  ---- until that fateful ride down a golden escalator brought the one man who invited them to join him in the fight for their lives as free,  prosperous and secure Americans.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:22:38 am by Right_in_Virginia »

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #155 on: December 11, 2022, 03:06:14 am »
@sneakypete

Of course not. Read Burke. Read Kirk. Foundational to modern Conservatism. By definition. I would be nearly perfectly a Burkean Conservative... Right down the line...

As conservatism touches politics, there are two strains, Goldwater and Reagan, and three (really four) factions... Libertarian/Constitutional, Fiscal, Military/Foreign Policy, and Social/moral/cultural... I tend to be Reaganite more than Goldwater, but I am very comfortable with Goldwater... And the object of the exercise is to serve all four factions, and thereby earn their vote... The only purpose of political conservatism is to defend and promote the principles - The unmovable priorities - of the factions. All of them. Because that is what leaves them free to practice philosophical conservatism in liberty.

That, in a nutshell is all that Conservatism is or can be.

@roamer_1

I agree with it all with the exception of the last sentence. Times change,realities change,and Conservatism has to change in order to the globalists at bay by dealing with the circumstances of today,not that of the past.

True,we can't give up on the root issues,but there MUST be some flexibility or it will disappear into the dust bins of ancient history.
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Online roamer_1

« Reply #156 on: December 11, 2022, 03:09:44 am »
@roamer_1

I agree with it all with the exception of the last sentence. Times change,realities change,and Conservatism has to change in order to the globalists at bay by dealing with the circumstances of today,not that of the past.

True,we can't give up on the root issues,but there MUST be some flexibility or it will disappear into the dust bins of ancient history.

Alright @sneakypete ... Which eternal truth shall we sacrifice, eh?
And in its sacrifice, shall we not suffer the consequence?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #157 on: December 11, 2022, 03:13:50 am »

A united message would be a refreshing change, too.  They're not powerless.

There is a united message. It's called Conservatism.

As for the TEA Party, yup, the IRS and McConnell disbanded the loosely knit coalition and the members languished waiting for a second chance  ---- until that fateful ride down a golden escalator brought the one man who invited them to join him in the fight for their lives as free,  prosperous and secure Americans.

ROTFLMAO!!!

TEA Party: Taxed Enough Already.

Tumpy: TWENTY FRIGGIN TRILLION DOLLARS.

Next.  *****rollingeyes*****

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #158 on: December 11, 2022, 03:14:13 am »
The hell you say @Right_in_Virginia . Sure we fight. I fought for thirty friggin years.
I just won't fight for *YOU* because your cause is not conservative, and does not mean a damn thing.

That's the problem with populists. All hat and no cattle. Foaming at the mouth for today, but no driving principles to sustain them till tomorrow... Where they'll be foaming at the mouth for something different.

You want my help, stand for conservatism. My last hurrah was the TEA Party and I was in that with all four feet... And it kicked ass.

@roamer_1

Yeah,it "kicked ass" to the point it disappeared into the dust bins of failed political movements.

You will NOT gain support for your beliefs by ignoring time and reality. To gain back any power that MIGHT still be possible to do, you/we MUST convince the undecided voters as well as those who vote for whoever promises them the most "free stuff" that they are on the wrong track and will win up losing everything but the chains of a slave state subject if they don't wake up and start putting country ahead of self,because in the long run,how the country is governed DETERMINES how each and every one of us is going to live,and HOW we are going to live. This is indisputable.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:15:32 am by sneakypete »

« Reply #159 on: December 11, 2022, 03:17:01 am »

Are you unware that your demand for 100% conservative purity (whatever that is) sacrifices ALL the eternal truths?

Online roamer_1

« Reply #160 on: December 11, 2022, 03:21:22 am »
@roamer_1

Yeah,it "kicked ass" to the point it disappeared into the dust bins of failed political movements.

@sneakypete

Historic record breaking overturning of county, district, and state houses and governorships is not failure. It is stunning success.

You will NOT gain support for your beliefs by ignoring time and reality. To gain back any power that MIGHT still be possible to do, you/we MUST convince the undecided voters as well as those who vote for whoever promises them the most "free stuff" that they are on the wrong track and will win up losing everything but the chains of a slave state subject if they don't wake up and start putting country ahead of self,because in the long run,how the country is governed DETERMINES how each and every one of us is going to live,and HOW we are going to live. This is indisputable.

Then so be it.
The only cure is Conservatism.
There is no other answer.
And your movement did nothing to curtail this government. It GREW under Tumpy's tenure. Exactly the OPPOSITE of fixing anything.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #161 on: December 11, 2022, 03:22:04 am »

@roamer_1

And therein lies the proplem. The "My way or the highway chain of alleged "thought" that requires no thought at all,only kneejerk reactions.

But you just go ahead and keep screaming your dogma into the faces of the people of today without even TRYING to convince them they are wrong by getting them to listen to you long enough for you to define what you are talking about,and the only place that will get you is hiding further back into the mountains.

You will NOT browbeat the typical selfish and clueless voters of today into switching to conservatism by screaming in their faces. You have to convince them,and people like them,but you will NEVER get that chance because you are more interested in being "right" than you are in gaining support for conservatives.

« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:23:16 am by sneakypete »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #162 on: December 11, 2022, 03:22:49 am »
Are you unware that your demand for 100% conservative purity (whatever that is) sacrifices ALL the eternal truths?

I will ask you the same thing: Which eternal truth shall we sacrifice. and are we prepared to face the consequence?

And we are nowhere near 80% in agreement - I already said that.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 03:23:37 am by roamer_1 »

Online roamer_1

« Reply #163 on: December 11, 2022, 03:30:22 am »
@roamer_1

And therein lies the proplem. The "My way or the highway chain of alleged "thought" that requires no thought at all,only kneejerk reactions.

@sneakypete
Exactly the opposite is true. What I believe is well studied and known to work, with a history to lean upon all the way back to the likes of Aristotle. There is nothing knee-jerk about it.

Populism, OTOH, is unstudied and emotional... Knee-jerk by its very nature.

But you just go ahead and keep screaming your dogma into the faces of the people of today without even TRYING to convince them they are wrong by getting them to listen to you long enough for you to define what you are talking about,and the only place that will get you is hiding further back into the mountains.

Again, the opposite is true. My fellows and I have done nothing but explain, for long years... That you prefer not to listen is not on me.

You will NOT browbeat the typical selfish and clueless voters of today into switching to conservatism by screaming in their faces. You have to convince them,and people like them,but you will NEVER get that chance because you are more interested in being "right" than you are in gaining support for conservatives.

I have browbeat no one. In fact, the other way around. Why do you think there are so few philosophical conservatives left on this board?

It sure as hell ain't because they have been treated well by Tumpists... On a Conservative forum, none the less.

The entire intent of this board is to support Conservatism.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #164 on: December 11, 2022, 03:35:05 am »

And by the way @Right_in_Virginia , there is only ONE eternal truth... That is why Conservative principles intertwine. They are interdependent. They are one.
Sacrificing any sacrifices all.

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #165 on: December 11, 2022, 05:18:59 am »

The only bus that matters is conservatism. That's what I signed up for. And when Republicans threw it away, I walked off. For cause.

Threw it away, indeed.  I am struggling to identify a single position Republicans hold (by action) that would be considered 'Conservative'.  Seriously.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #166 on: December 11, 2022, 05:23:10 am »

I'm so desperate, I would settle for 50%.  Do you think the GOP could gain 45% more on that scale before the next election to win my vote?  Because I would bet that two years from now, the GOP House is still funding Planned Parenthood, ObamaCare, the FBI, and every other left wing policy the Democrats want, except at levels 20% higher than now.
If a political party does not have its foundation in the determination to advance a cause that is right and that is moral, then it is not a political party; it is merely a conspiracy to seize power.     -Dwight Eisenhower-

"The [U.S.] Constitution is a limitation on the government, not on private individuals ... it does not prescribe the conduct of private individuals, only the conduct of the government ... it is not a charter for government power, but a charter of the citizen's protection against the government."     -Ayn Rand-

Offline Hoodat

« Reply #167 on: December 11, 2022, 05:26:22 am »

Oh, when that happens, the people now bitching about Conservatives' lack of support for GOP liberalism will be the same ones urging us to abandon the GOP to support Trump. 

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #168 on: December 11, 2022, 05:49:41 am »

"

If Trump was close to 80% I could of held my nose and voted for him.  The history we had on him.... Guns/2nd Amendment (nope) Abortion/Partial Birth Abortion/Planned Parenthood does good things flip/flop (nope) Transexuals/gay rights/gay marriage/gays military (nope) Christian character (nope) History of being Classy (nope) History of being Honest/keep promises/conservative values (nope). The son of the gun poured money into liberal open border candidates and Rinos.

Ted Cruz was right, He called it when he said "Trump would switch positions from what he said the day after he was elected"... and Cruz was right.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 06:22:40 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Offline Sighlass

• Didn't vote for McCain Dole Romney Trump !
« Reply #169 on: December 11, 2022, 06:33:53 am »
@sneakypete
Exactly the opposite is true. What I believe is well studied and known to work, with a history to lean upon all the way back to the likes of Aristotle. There is nothing knee-jerk about it.

Populism, OTOH, is unstudied and emotional... Knee-jerk by its very nature.

Again, the opposite is true. My fellows and I have done nothing but explain, for long years... That you prefer not to listen is not on me.

I have browbeat no one. In fact, the other way around. Why do you think there are so few philosophical conservatives left on this board?

It sure as hell ain't because they have been treated well by Tumpists... On a Conservative forum, none the less.

The entire intent of this board is to support Conservatism.

Lol, that reminds me of the last time I didn't pucker up to the Trump clan on TOS... I brought up their front page said they supported one thing until it came down to election madness time. Same with Ann Coulter, she would suddenly change stripes and start tearing down truths and abandoning principles right at election time. Same with a lot of so-called conservative news sites... they just flow like quicksand when it comes time so stand on solid conservative ground... McCain, Romney, and now Trump.... I saw them for who they were, others didn't.

Can't say I was always in the know, yeah, I voted for Bush a few times.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2022, 06:35:34 am by Sighlass »
Exodus 18:21 Furthermore, you shall select out of all the people able men who fear God, men of truth, those who hate dishonest gain; and you shall place these over them as leaders over ....

Online roamer_1

« Reply #170 on: December 11, 2022, 02:17:53 pm »
Threw it away, indeed.  I am struggling to identify a single position Republicans hold (by action) that would be considered 'Conservative'.  Seriously.

TRULY. If they were conservative they would be an opposition to socialism naturally. As every evidence shows, they are not.

Online roamer_1

« Reply #171 on: December 11, 2022, 02:28:08 pm »
Lol, that reminds me of the last time I didn't pucker up to the Trump clan on TOS... I brought up their front page said they supported one thing until it came down to election madness time. Same with Ann Coulter, she would suddenly change stripes and start tearing down truths and abandoning principles right at election time. Same with a lot of so-called conservative news sites... they just flow like quicksand when it comes time so stand on solid conservative ground... McCain, Romney, and now Trump.... I saw them for who they were, others didn't.

Oh I did too... My vote for his second term was the final one I made against my conscience... And that only for the troops... In my head that was a sound reason. Itwas then I found out how insipid such thinking is - Because Bush's second term began the destruction as it has extended to this time, right now... through every democrat and every republican administration, regardless of Congress and SCOTUS, each increasing it exponentially - A grand collusion.

Folks better come around pretty soon and get their heads on right... Or they will finally open their eyes just in time for their chains.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
« Reply #172 on: December 11, 2022, 03:13:50 pm »

@Sighlass

Yew sew smart!

Offline goatprairie

« Reply #173 on: December 11, 2022, 04:41:02 pm »

I can grok that. I am lucky if I find someone with whom I agree with 90% of the time on the major issues. That statement by Reagan reveals one reason he was so great.

« Reply #174 on: December 11, 2022, 05:23:37 pm »
"

If Trump was close to 80% I could of held my nose and voted for him.  The history we had on him.... Guns/2nd Amendment (nope) Abortion/Partial Birth Abortion/Planned Parenthood does good things flip/flop (nope) Transexuals/gay rights/gay marriage/gays military (nope) Christian character (nope) History of being Classy (nope) History of being Honest/keep promises/conservative values (nope). The son of the gun poured money into liberal open border candidates and Rinos.

Ted Cruz was right, He called it when he said "Trump would switch positions from what he said the day after he was elected"... and Cruz was right.

It's really okay not to advertise how little you know and less you understand. So, maybe put down the billboard -----  just once?