Author Topic: Mitt Romney, Susan Collins Dismiss the Idea of Impeaching DHS Chief Mayorkas  (Read 326 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Mitt Romney, Susan Collins Dismiss the Idea of Impeaching DHS Chief Mayorkas

Wendell Husebø 6 Dec 2022

Impeaching DHS Secretary Alejandro Mayorkas for failing to secure the southern border does not appear to have the support of the some Republican senators.

As border patrol has encountered more than 2.3 million illegal aliens at the border, with over 230,000 migrant encounters in October, establishment Sens. Mitt Romney (R-UT) and Susan Collins (R-ME) appear averse to holding Mayorkas accountable for the southern border invasion.

“Someone has to commit a high crime or misdemeanor for that to be a valid inquiry,” Romney told Politico about impeachment standards. “I haven’t seen any accusation of that nature whatsoever.”

“There are a lot of things I disagree with … but that doesn’t rise to impeachment,” he said about Mayorkas.

Collins, a pro-Donald Trump impeachment vote and McConnell ally, brushed off the question of whether Mayorkas should be impeached.

“That’s not something I’ve heard discussed over here,” Collins replied.

Sen. John Thune (R-SD), the second highest ranking GOP senator, said an investigation of Mayorkas’s open border should ensue before rushing to impeachment.

“I think there is a legitimate need for oversight … but, I mean, I think it needs to be focused on some specific areas,” Thune said.

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/06/mitt-romney-susan-collins-dismiss-the-idea-of-impeaching-dhs-chief-mayorkas/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Impeachment's not up to these wads of phlegm.

Online Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Like a court case, it sometimes is about the discovery. In this case, exposure.

Impeach him and all Skeezy's wayward little underlings.
The Republic is lost.

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Like a court case, it sometimes is about the discovery. In this case, exposure.

Impeach him and all Skeezy's wayward little underlings.

:thumbsup:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
THERE is a surprise,huh?
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Stay out of this, it's not your call.
(Impeachment is handled by the House)

Offline christian

• I need to be in love, K.c. R.C.
(Impeachment is handled by the House)

And impeachment is to be applied on the flimsiest grounds to those that do not lockstep-Republicans and not to be applied towards democrats regardless of how well it would be appropriate!  Its clear as day by now!
Card carrying member of the national F-Joe Biden movement, and his minions

Offline Killer Clouds

The DCP has set precedent that high crimes and misdemeanors is no longer the grounds for impeachment. All you need are the votes.