Author Topic: Joe Biden Says He Flashed Veto Pen at Kevin McCarthy During White House Meeting  (Read 531 times)

Offline Right_in_Virginia

Joe Biden Says He Flashed Veto Pen at Kevin McCarthy During White House Meeting
Breitbart, Dec 5, 2022

President Joe Biden tried to send a signal to House Republicans during a White House meeting on Tuesday, warning them he could veto any bill he wanted to.

Biden revealed details of the meeting with House Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy and other Congressional leaders during a fundraiser in Boston on Friday. McCarthy may lead the new Congress as speaker after Republicans won the majority in the House of Representatives in the midterm elections.

“They were telling me what they could do, what they were going to do. And I said, ‘Yeah,'” Biden recalled, demonstrating that he responded to McCarthy by lifting up his pen and showing it to the room.

"They said, ‘What are you doing?’ I said, ‘A pen. Veto,'” he said.

The president told Democrat donors his veto pen could “stop bad things” but admitted that “it can’t start them.”

Biden made his remarks at a fundraiser for Democrat Senator Raphael Warnock who faces a run-off election with Republican candidate Hershel Walker on Tuesday

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/12/05/joe-biden-says-he-flashed-veto-pen-kevin-mccarthy-white-house-meeting/

I hope McCarthy held up this in response  ------

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
LMAO...McCarthy has the power to never bring any of your Bills to the House floor for a vote...so GFY Biden
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Did McCarthy have any response, or did he just sit there like a scolded school boy?
The Republic is lost.

Did McCarthy have any response, or did he just sit there like a scolded school boy?

Puddin' Brain didn't say .......

Offline cato potatoe

Let's hope that's what it was.  With a dementia patient you just never know.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
Let's hope that's what it was.  With a dementia patient you just never know.

What if it was a pregnancy tester.   Joe was over joyed.  A new baby to sniff!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline mountaineer

I hope McCarthy held up this in response  ------
I'm afraid I would have held up a single finger and, no, not Mr. Pointer Finger.
Support Israel's emergency medical service. afmda.org

Offline txradioguy

• Propaganda NCOIC
  • Cat Mod
  • Rule #39
Is that what he’s calling it now?  :cool:
The libs/dems of today are the Quislings of former years. The cowards who would vote a fraud into office in exchange for handouts from the devil.

Here lies in honored glory an American soldier, known but to God

THE ESTABLISHMENT IS THE PROBLEM...NOT THE SOLUTION

Republicans Don't Need A Back Bench...They Need a BACKBONE!

Offline libertybele

I'm afraid I would have held up a single finger and, no, not Mr. Pointer Finger.

I may have been tempted to whisper into Joe's ear E.S.A.D.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline Cyber Liberty

• Coffee! Donuts! Kittens!
  • Administrator
  • 🌵🌵🌵
"Biden says."

That's enough for me.
For unvaccinated, we are looking at a winter of severe illness and death — if you’re unvaccinated — for themselves, their families, and the hospitals they’ll soon overwhelm. Sloe Joe Biteme 12/16
I will NOT comply.

Castillo del Cyber Autonomous Zone ~~~~~>                          :dontfeed: