Author Topic: Election Day vs. 'Election Season': Should the GOP Continue to Fight the Democrats' Game or Play It  (Read 501 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Election Day vs. 'Election Season': Should the GOP Continue to Fight the Democrats' Game or Play It as Well?
By Mike Miller | 9:00 AM on November 20, 2022

Remember how elections used to be conducted? As Election Day drew nearer and nearer, anticipation and expectations continued to grow. On that one day, all the chips were on the table, win or lose. And with few exceptions, we knew the results before we went to bed. Like it or not, those days are gone forever.

Why so?

Prior to the 1980s, nearly all Americans voted at neighborhood polling stations. Today, as we know all too well, many states have eased rules restricting absentee ballots, allowing voters to cast ballots in person before Election Day, and now mail-in ballots are all the rage in the Democrat Party.

In addition, some states proactively mail ballots to voters, according to MIT’s Election Lab. Then, when the COVID “pandemic” arrived, mail-in voting skyrocketed — and the Democrats have never looked back.

In a word, Election Day has morphed into “Election Season.”

The salient question is, should the Republican Party — one faction, at least — simply continue to declare virtually every election they lose, “stolen”? Or about the growing number of mail-in ballots and the day-after-day counting of such, should Republicans heed the old axiom, “When in Rome, do as the Romans do”? I suggest the latter.

Our Managing Editor, Jennifer Van Laar, has laid out a detailed explanation of how ballot harvesting continues to evolve in California (and a preview of what the rest of the country may expect).

more
https://redstate.com/mike_miller/2022/11/20/election-day-vs-election-season-should-the-gop-continue-to-fight-the-democrats-game-or-play-it-as-well-n661571
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline Kamaji

Where we can fight it - i.e., states where we can make it illegal - fight it; in states where we cannot fight it, then play it, to the hilt.

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...
Where we can fight it - i.e., states where we can make it illegal - fight it; in states where we cannot fight it, then play it, to the hilt.

We did that in Iowa, got control, tightened up the laws.
The Republic is lost.

Offline aligncare

We did that in Iowa, got control, tightened up the laws.

It’s the only way to make change, win elections and keep fighting for conservative values.  Today’s democrats don’t just have differences with republicans in policy, the party is home to radical elements that want to accelerate cultural changes that are foreign to the rest of society, and they are using government to force it on us.

Democrats either have a complete misunderstanding of—or utter disdain for, the United States constitution.

Offline The_Reader_David

:thumbsup:

The same principle on the level of tactics as WFB's advice to always nominate the most conservative electable candidate.
And when they behead your own people in the wars which are to come, then you will know what this was all about.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Comrade Briefers, you're not going to beat The Party at its own game.

Because the more you try (or THINK that you're "trying"), The Party will introduce "new paradigms" that "bend the process" to hoodwink and outsmart you.

The worst wrench that can be thrown into The Party's plans, is to force states to go back to conducting "traditional" elections, as some of the red states still do.

Offline libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Continue to fight for free and fair elections?  Absolutely.

No early voting. Vote on Election Day only. No mail in ballots.
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan

Because the more you try (or THINK that you're "trying"), The Party will introduce "new paradigms" that "bend the process" to hoodwink and outsmart you.

The worst wrench that can be thrown into The Party's plans, is to force states to go back to conducting "traditional" elections, as some of the red states still do.

:yowsa: pointing-up
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien

Offline Kamaji

:mauslaff:

And you’re going to force those blue states to go back to one-day elections how?

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
Kamaji snorts:
"And you’re going to force those blue states to go back to one-day elections how?"

Comrade Kamaji, do you remember what the esteemed Chairman Mao once said about "power"...?

Offline Kamaji

Kamaji snorts:
"And you’re going to force those blue states to go back to one-day elections how?"

Comrade Kamaji, do you remember what the esteemed Chairman Mao once said about "power"...?

:mauslaff:  :mauslaff:

You just get funnier and funnier.