Author Topic: Don’t believe Trump — this midterm miss is all because of him By Post Editorial Board  (Read 1000 times)

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
 WOW!

Don’t believe Trump — this midterm miss is all because of him
By Post Editorial Board   
November 13, 2022 6:44pm

In August, Senate Minority Leader Mitch McConnell told NBC News he was confident Republicans could take the House. As for the Senate . . . “Senate races are just different,” he said. “They’re statewide, candidate quality has a lot to do with the outcome.”

He was absolutely right, of course. Candidate quality gave Democrats control of the Senate again, and forced a runoff in Georgia.

In Arizona, for one, McConnell had wanted popular Gov. Doug Ducey to run. But ex-President Donald Trump had slandered Ducey, vowing to oppose him every step of the way because he had refused to illegally overturn the results of the 2020 election. So the GOP got Blake Masters, who just lost to Democrat Mark Kelly.

And Trump blames . . . Mitch McConnell.

“Spending money to defeat great Republican candidates instead of backing Blake Masters and others was a big mistake,” Trump “truthed.” “Giving 4 Trillion Dollars to the Radical Left for the Green New Deal, not Infrastructure, was an even bigger mistake. He blew the Midterms, and everyone despises him and his otherwise lovely wife, Coco Chow!”

Pretty much every word out of Trump’s mouth these days is a lie, but it’s worth unpacking this particular bag of bunkum.

more
https://nypost.com/2022/11/13/dont-believe-trump-this-midterm-miss-is-all-because-of-him/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
I'd rather hear Trump lie, than McConnell continually rape us politically.

Stupid GOP senate knows this POS is toxic to any future electoral success.  But....

« Last Edit: November 14, 2022, 05:02:24 pm by catfish1957 »
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Well I can't believe Trump has lost the NYPost.
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
Well I can't believe Trump has lost the NYPost.

I know, and there was another op-ed critical yesterday.  The trending is not favoring Trump.

The real barometer will be how large and loud his upcoming crowds are.
I display the Confederate Battle Flag in honor of my great great great grandfathers who spilled blood at Wilson's Creek and Shiloh.  5 others served in the WBTS with honor too.

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.

The real barometer will be how large and loud his upcoming crowds are.

Trump will make the trains run on time!
I am just a Technicolor Dream Cat riding this kaleidoscope of life.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
Trump has lost everything since he got LUCKY in 2016, ONCE! 2018 = LOSER! 2020 = LOSER! 2022 = LOSER!

Enough with this guy. Time to move on!

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Trump has lost everything since he got LUCKY in 2016, ONCE! 2018 = LOSER! 2020 = LOSER! 2022 = LOSER!

Enough with this guy. Time to move on!

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

You do know he is rude,right?

We need somebody that will kiss Dim ass,not make waves!
Anyone who isn't paranoid in 2021 just isn't thinking clearly!

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

Not everything about Trump is 100% about mean Tweets.

We are down to and talking about nuts and bolts of figuring out how to win elections at the national level.  I think its healthy for us to debate whether Trump is our best option right  now.  And the growing trend of recent, is that he is not.

Offline roamer_1

I'd rather hear Trump lie, than McConnell continually rape us politically.

I'd rather have... NEITHER.

happy77

Offline catfish1957

• FJB!!!!
  • Political Researcher

Online Wingnut

• That is the problem with everything. They try and make it better without realizing the old is fine.
I'd rather have... NEITHER.

happy77

Reminds me of Judge Smails, "You'll have nothing, and like it!"

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Not everything about Trump is 100% about mean Tweets.

We are down to and talking about nuts and bolts of figuring out how to win elections at the national level.  I think its healthy for us to debate whether Trump is our best option right  now.  And the growing trend of recent, is that he is not.

@catfish1957

No,we are now down to begging the Dims to be nice to us if we are willing to call them "massa".

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
I doubted Trump during his campaign because of his character and his verbal insults towards others; especially Cruz.  He jumped into the race as soon as Cruz announced he was running. He took down his GOP opponents one by one and was unmerciful in his attacks.  Yet after he became the nominee he was very soft on Hillary. That threw up a red flag.

Before he became the nominee, he met with McConnell and after meeting with him he announced something to the effect that he needed to be a little more establishment.  That threw up a red flag.  He also stated that Mitch needs to go yet contributed to his campaign. Granted the $$ was not a significant amount, but nonetheless that threw up a red flag.

He had a super majority, yet waited till a few days before the mid terms to start pushing for a border fence. That threw up a red flag.  Consequently the DEMS took the House majority and consequently the border wall was never completed.

He proclaimed with Bible in hand that he would stop the insurrection that occurred after the Floyd murder, yet he did nothing.  That threw up a red flag.

There are other things that he did that I couldn't give him a free pas on, that threw up red flags, but these come immediately to mind.

I believe that Trump was a good president and certainly took this country in a positive direction.

There are numerous articles and claims that the GOP lost the midterms because of Trump.  I'm not sure that there is any validity to those claims.

However, Trump insulting conservative governors has been on full display.  There is no denying that.

I can't support someone who purposefully degrades the accomplishments and victories of conservatives.  That is the opposite of what I believe in. I see Trump's actions as fracturing the party and harming chances of a conservative being seated in '24.  Either his ego has gotten the best of him or he's now catering to the GOPe to get them to back him in '24.  Neither is acceptable. 

With all the red flags in the past and his current bullying I won't vote for him in the future. I still think it is a possibility that he may not run.

Yes, DeSantis has won re-election.  I applaud him and he is extremely popular.  However, I think it is important to continue to watch how his second term unfolds.  No politician should be given a free pass. 

I like DeSantis and am hopeful that we have a true conservative who possibly may run for President in '24.

DeSantis '24  :patriot:

I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline roamer_1

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Still waiting for Trump to officially announce he's even running.  :whistle:
I Believe in the United States of America as a Government of the people, by the people, for the people; whose just powers are derived from the consent of the governed; a democracy in a republic; a sovereign nation of many sovereign states; a perfect union one and inseparable; established upon those principles of freedom, equality, justice and humanity for which American patriots sacrificed their lives and fortunes.  I therefore believe it is my duty to my country to love it; to support its Constitution; to obey its laws to respect its flag; and to defend it against all enemies.

Offline Weird Tolkienish Figure

• Technical
@Weird Tolkienish Figure

The only wave he makes are ones he makes after dropping some greasy logs in the toilet bowl, son!

Online Wingnut

Man this place is De jay vu all over again...like back in 2016 before the Election.  The one that was stolen from Hilary Clinton.

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!
Man this place is De jay vu all over again...like back in 2016 before the Election.  The one that was stolen from Hilary Clinton.

The spears and arrows are already starting to fly and no one on the GOP side has even announced that they're running. Emotions are running high.

Online LMAO

.  The one that was stolen from Hilary Clinton.

Election denier!!!
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Online libertybele

• WE are NOT ok!

Putin's handiwork all over again.  :whistle:

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
The only wave he makes are ones he makes after dropping some greasy logs in the toilet bowl, son!

@Weird Tolkienish Figure

I am sure that is one of your favorite obsessions,but I don't want to hear about it.

Offline sneakypete

• Twitter is for Twits
Putin's handiwork all over again.  :whistle:

@libertybele

What an odd way to spell "RINO".

If only you could get Miss Manners to run for President as an alleged Republican!

Online Wingnut

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
The spears and arrows are already starting to fly and no one on the GOP side has even announced that they're running. Emotions are running high.
Everyone is looking for someone to blame for losing the unloseable elections.

Only that's what the GOP does, snatch defeat from the jaws of victory, time and again.

The means used to elect such "quality" candidates as Fetterman are the same means that put Biden in the White House, and those were not adequately addressed, especially in the States where they were most egregious: Georgia, Pennsylvania, and Arizona for three.

Add to that the perfidious shuffling of funding away from races where it might have made a difference to the GOP candidates involved, and the RNC did as much to engineer the composition of the coming Congress as the vote counters and ballot harvesters of those jurisdictions.

Blame Trump? Hardly, blame the vacuum behind the throne in the RNC and the Party in general at the national level.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis