Author Topic: Man attempted car attack outside Pentagon and said "I hate America," court documents say  (Read 301 times)

Offline rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Man attempted car attack outside Pentagon and said "I hate America," court documents say
BY SCOTT MACFARLANE

NOVEMBER 2, 2022 / 2:11 PM / CBS NEWS

An Ethiopian man living in Virginia who allegedly yelled "F*** America" and told officers "I hate America" is accused of attempting to attack federal police officers outside the Pentagon last week, according to federal court documents.

Tamirat Yehualawork, 36, allegedly drove through a security checkpoint outside the Pentagon on Friday, speeding over a second security barrier and forcing police to pull guns and use their police vehicles to pin and stop Yehualawork's car near the complex.

According to a police affidavit reviewed by CBS News, "As he crossed the bridge into the South Secure Parking lot of the Pentagon, a (Pentagon) officer shined his flashlight to get Yehualawork's attention. The officer stated that once he got Yehualawork's attention, he accelerated the vehicle towards him. The officer took cover, pointed his weapon at the vehicle, and began giving verbal commands that Yehualawork ignored. (He) then drove over a sidewalk and through grass towards the Pentagon Mall Entrance."

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/pentagon-arrest-attempted-car-attack-security-checkpoint/
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline aligncare

Did they find his MAGA hat yet?  Or, maybe his Confederate flag or white supremacist literature.  Keep digging, I’m sure the evidence will turn up.