Author Topic: Brooks: We’ve Learned People Care about Crime, Border Now that Voters Control the Conversation, Not  (Read 244 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Brooks: We’ve Learned People Care about Crime, Border Now that Voters Control the Conversation, Not the Media

Ian Hanchett 5 Nov 2022

On Friday’s “PBS NewsHour,” New York Times columnist David Brooks said that he likes elections because instead of the media controlling the conversation, like they do most of the time, “a lot of people get to control the conversation.” And we find out what important issues “the people really want to hear about” like we’ve seen the importance of crime and the border to people in this election and we saw how angry people were about school closures during the coronavirus pandemic after the Virginia gubernatorial election in 2021.

Brooks stated, “I just like elections. Frankly, we in the media get to control the conversation most of the time. But when the elections happen, a lot of people get to control the conversation. When Glenn Youngkin won, we learned how upset people were about schools. And you sort of knew that, but you feel it. I think we’ve learned how crime is just a big issue for a lot of people. The border is a big issue for a lot of people. So, the conversation always shifts in the fall. And I like the way that shifts, because it reminds us what the people really want to hear about.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/11/05/brooks-weve-learned-people-care-about-crime-border-now-that-voters-control-the-conversation-not-the-media/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Online Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Well, the MSM has adhered religiously to their bubble, and remained steadfastly tone deaf in order to do so. Even the "entertainment offerings" of late, all woke and frankly, inadmissible in my living room, reflect the determination to ignore the vast number of Americans out here, and to impose what pleases the much tighter circles these people navigate socially.

I'd say they need to get out more, but mostly, I think they'd encounter that sort of gruff, talking off their back teeth, nonviolent (whatever that means nowadays) hostility they have earned these past few years stridently telling America the sky is green and the grass is blue.

If anything, the media are charging down the path to irrelevance, except to act as the dog that barks on occasion when something happens--and far from reliable at that.
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis