Author Topic: Pennsylvania justices to determine if mail-in ballot envelopes need dates  (Read 282 times)

Offline Free Vulcan

• Technical
  • Ah, the air is so much fresher here...

Senior Pennsylvania elections officials said in a Tuesday court filing that handwritten dates on the envelopes that many voters use to mail-in ballots should not be deemed mandatory.

State and national Republican Party organizations and GOP voters have asked the state Supreme Court justices to take up the issue.

In the brief, Democratic officials under Gov. Tom Wolf said that state law between 1945 and 1968 dictated that county election boards set aside mail-in ballots if the date on the envelope was later than the date of the election.

https://www.foxnews.com/politics/pennsylvania-justices-determine-if-mail-ballot-envelopes-need-dates
The Republic is lost.

Offline Fishrrman

• Dumbest member of the forum
The PA Supreme Court is leftist.

If they rule against Wolf and the dem-communists, I'll be flabbergasted.

Offline libertybele

This is probably just the beginning of hicups in the PA election.  It will be manipulated until DEMS win.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Online Bigun

• Resistance to Tyrants is Obedience to God
    • The FairTax Plan
Who gets to decide what “technical violations” can be ignored? That would seem to be a dangerous road to go down in regards to simply shunning the law based on an arbitrary judgment by a partisan state official. Pennsylvania’s mail-in voting law isn’t ambiguous. It pointedly says that ballots must be dated to be counted.

It’s incredibly revealing (and somewhat shocking) that Democrats in the state don’t even try to pretend they have a real legal case. Instead, they simply claim that a technical violation of the law shouldn’t matter, which is an emotional argument if anything.

https://republicandaily.com/2022/10/alert-a-constitutional-crisis-is-brewing/

And that should be that! Pennsylvania!
« Last Edit: October 26, 2022, 10:19:04 pm by Bigun »
"I wish it need not have happened in my time," said Frodo.

"So do I," said Gandalf, "and so do all who live to see such times. But that is not for them to decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
- J. R. R. Tolkien