Author Topic: Texas man, 38, charged after officers find 84 illegal immigrants being smuggled in dump truck  (Read 288 times)

Online rangerrebew

• TBR Contributor
Texas man, 38, charged after officers find 84 illegal immigrants being smuggled in dump truck

Robert Flores Jr. traveled on Texas ranch road to avoid US border checkpoint, officials say
By Greg Norman | Fox News

Texas authorities find 60 illegal immigrants being smuggled in dump truck
The Texas Department of Public Safety released video of officials stopping a truck carrying 60 illegal immigrants, who were turned over to U.S. Border Patrol.

A 38-year-old Texas man is facing dozens of charges after officials say they captured him trying to smuggle 84 illegal immigrants across the U.S. border in the cargo area of a dump truck.

Robert Flores Jr., of Poteet, was taken into custody Tuesday morning following a commercial motor vehicle inspection along Interstate Highway 35 in Cotulla, according to the Texas Department of Public Safety.

"Through further investigation, Flores traveled through a private ranch road circumventing the United States Border Patrol checkpoint in Webb County," the Texas DPS said in a statement. 

"During the stop, numerous individuals absconded from the truck's cargo area into the brush," the statement added. "The trooper discovered 84 illegal immigrants concealed inside the cargo area."

https://www.foxnews.com/us/texas-man-38-charged-officers-find-84-illegal-immigrants-smuggled-dump-truck
The legitimate powers of government extend to such acts only as are injurious to others. But it does me no injury for my neighbor to say there are twenty gods, or no god. It neither picks my pocket nor breaks my leg.
Thomas Jefferson

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
Honest, officer, I was told to take this load of Phil...
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis