Author Topic: MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Warns of GOP ‘Threat’ to Democracy, Suggests Foreign Countries ‘Monitor’ U.S  (Read 182 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
MSNBC’s Nicolle Wallace Warns of GOP ‘Threat’ to Democracy, Suggests Foreign Countries ‘Monitor’ U.S. Elections

Joshua Klein 25 Oct 2022

MSNBC anchor Nicolle Wallace suggested it may be time “to ask for friends and allies to come over and help us monitor our elections” on a segment this week, claiming America “used to do that in other burgeoning and threatened democracies,” as she warned of the “threats” to democracy posed by Republicans.

Sitting with Congressman Jim Himes (D-CT) on MSNBC’s “Deadline: White House” on Monday, host Nicolle Wallace discussed alleged internal and external threats to upcoming U.S. elections while stressing the need for “reliable safeguards against ever present national security threats.”

“That includes the elected members of Congress with intelligence and oversight roles, whose fears were confirmed by the stunning Washington Post reporting on Friday about what the twice-impeached and now-subpoenaed ex-president had brought home with him to Mar-A-Lago,” she said.

Turning to the Connecticut Congressman, Wallace claimed, “We’re so focused on our own pretty splendid efforts to destroy our democracy from the Republican Party in this country that we forget that they’re foreign actors that represent a grave threat as well.”

Himes, a member of the House Intelligence Committee, responded by saying he worries “kind of more about the domestic stuff than some of what I see in the intelligence committee.”

Claiming that threats to the country’s upcoming midterm elections “are so pervasive, and they’re so dire, and they include violence,” Wallace asked her guest whether he thought foreign intervention was necessary.

“I mean, do you think it’s time to ask for friends and allies to come over and help us monitor our elections?” she asked. “We used to do that in other burgeoning and threatened democracies.”

Claiming he’s “not there yet,” Himes replied, “I know why you’re asking what you’re asking and you’re not wrong.”

“You know the kind of intimidation that is threatened around polling places,” he said. “I mean, you’ve seen the pictures of the guys with assault weapons near boxes.”

“That stuff is intimidating, and again that used to be sort of the province of — I hate to use the term — third-world countries that didn’t care about democracy,” he added.

Himes also suggested that “at some point the United States is going to need to collectively decide that not only are we going to oppose Russians and Chinese and North Koreans and Iranians messing around with our elections, we’re not going to allow the Republican Party to do it either.”

more
https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2022/10/25/msnbcs-nicolle-wallace-warns-gop-threat-democracy-suggests-foreign-countries-monitor-us-elections/
« Last Edit: October 25, 2022, 07:17:08 pm by mystery-ak »
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34