Author Topic: Biden: ‘A Lot of What We’ve Done’ on Economy ‘Has Not Kicked in Yet’ — ‘I’m Not Sure about’ Polls Sh  (Read 436 times)

Offline mystery-ak

• Owner
  • Administrator
  • Let's Go Brandon!
Biden: ‘A Lot of What We’ve Done’ on Economy ‘Has Not Kicked in Yet’ — ‘I’m Not Sure about’ Polls Showing Voters Favor GOP on Economy

Ian Hanchett 21 Oct 2022

During an interview with MSNBC on Friday, President Joe Biden responded to polling data showing people trust Republicans on the economy by stating he’s not sure how accurate polls are and “a lot of what we’ve done and we’ve passed has not kicked in yet.”

Host Jonathan Capehart asked, “[H]ere’s a problem, I think, for you and Democrats, despite all the good economic news, low unemployment, record job creation, wage increases, Social Security cost of living adjustment to 8.7%, the highest in 40 years. And yet, poll after poll shows that the American people trust Republicans on the economy and think that Republicans should control Congress. How do you break through that?”

Biden answered, “I’m not sure about the polls. Because the way people conduct polls today, it’s hard. 90% of it is you get on the telephone where you have to call seven times to get somebody to answer the phone, number one. Number two, a lot of what we’ve done and we’ve passed has not kicked in yet. For example, we have all this money to rebuild the highways, bridges, Internet, etc., but it’s going to take time. It’s not all happening overnight. It’s not like we passed a law and all of a sudden the highways and bridges are all functioning. And it’s not like we’re in a position where we’re saying no senior — which we do — is going to have to pay more than $2,000 a year for their drug costs…it hasn’t kicked in yet. It doesn’t kick in until next year.”

https://www.breitbart.com/clips/2022/10/21/biden-a-lot-of-what-weve-done-on-economy-has-not-kicked-in-yet-im-not-sure-about-polls-showing-voters-favor-gop-on-economy/
Proud Supporter of Tunnel to Towers
Support the USO
Democrat Party...the Party of Infanticide

“Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.”
-Matthew 6:34

Offline libertybele

God help us when everything that the Joe administration has done with the economy 'kicks in'.
Romans 12:16-21

Live in harmony with one another; do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly, do not claim to be wiser than you are.  Do not repay anyone evil for evil, but take thought for what is noble in the sight of all.  If it is possible, so far as it depends on you, live peaceably with all…do not be overcome by evil, but overcome evil with good.

Offline DB

That's funny.

The Democrats are busy setting the stage for blaming Republicans for the coming economic carnage and Joe is working to take credit for it - cause things haven't "kicked in yet"...

We're in recession now but the media buried it to improve the Democrat's election prospects. That will all change when Republicans win. Then a tsunami of bad economic news will flood in with the blame pointed directly at Republicans.

Offline Smokin Joe

• I was a "conspiracy theorist". Now I'm just right.
That's funny.

The Democrats are busy setting the stage for blaming Republicans for the coming economic carnage and Joe is working to take credit for it - cause things haven't "kicked in yet"...

We're in recession now but the media buried it to improve the Democrat's election prospects. That will all change when Republicans win. Then a tsunami of bad economic news will flood in with the blame pointed directly at Republicans.
From day one of a new Congress, the fingers will point at the Right.

No matter that the Dems have been cooking the books all along. (Which needs to be shown, BTW).
How God must weep at humans' folly! Stand fast! God knows what he is doing!
Seventeen Techniques for Truth Suppression

Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience.

C S Lewis

Offline LMAO

From day one of a new Congress, the fingers will point at the Right.

And that isn’t going to sell, except maybe to the MSNBC crowd, as people know that inflation and economic carnage were happening before the Republicans took Congress

It’s similar to how the administration tried to blame Putin for inflation and rising gas prices. That didn’t sell because gas price in inflation we’re on the rise before Putin invaded Ukraine
I have little interest in streamlining government or in making it more efficient, for I mean to reduce its size. I do not undertake to promote welfare, for I propose to extend freedom. My aim is not to pass laws, but to repeal them.

Barry Goldwater

http://www.usdebtclock.org

My Avatar is my adult autistic son Tommy

Offline art.prout

And that isn’t going to sell, except maybe to the MSNBC crowd, as people know that inflation and economic carnage were happening before the Republicans took Congress

It’s similar to how the administration tried to blame Putin for inflation and rising gas prices. That didn’t sell because gas price in inflation we’re on the rise before Putin invaded Ukraine

Unfortunately, to (a far too large number of) brain dead lumps that we are told to call our "fellow citizens," the last thing that the propagandists on the TeeBee tell them, is what they believe to be true...